Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 1st Chapter of Superkidz! (New Edition)
new

Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:29 pm

I am very sorry to all who read the other Superkids first chapter. Here I have put the new edition of the book. I hope you enjoy!

Chapter One:

Sam

I never thought that this would happen. Kind of like a nightmare, but cooler. My friends, Spencer, Seth, Michael, Dante, and Alex were walking through the woods with flashlights. It was 10:00 P.M. and we thought that we were alone, but we weren't.
"I can't believe that we are doing this!" said Seth.
"I know, do you think our parents are going to find out?" asked Michael.
"No, they will never find out about this, but . . . there is also a good thing. We all live in a little area, so if something goes wrong, we can just all go to the same area!" said Spencer.
"Yeah, I don't think so. Our parents cannot find out about this. Okay?" I asked.
"Yes," everyone else said.
We walked through some bushes and found a black glowing substance in the dirt. Dante picked it up, and the light just faded. We looked around us, but there were no more glowing things in our area. I flashed my flashlight on it, it looked like a crystal.
"I think this is some special crystal," I said to the others.
"Yeah, I think so too," Alex said.
"Let's just keep going," Seth said.
So, we kept on walking through the rough underbrush until we found some other glowing crystal. This time, it was brown. I picked it up and studied it with my flashlight. It was another crystal. I got up, and motioned for the others to follow. They followed.
We walked through a place that had about ten trees in an formation of a circle. In the middle, there lay a orange crystal. This time, Alex picked it up. Alex brought it to me. Another crystal.
"I think these crystals that we keep finding are something special. We need to find the rest," I said.
"I think there might be one that all of us could have," Seth said.
"Sure, there might be," I said.
We started to walk through the forest some more and found a red one. Spencer picked it up and brought it to me. It was a crystal, but it was scortching hot. Somehow, Spencer was able to hold it.
We kept walking through the trees. We found a blue crystal, it was ice cold. Michael picked it up and brought it to me. I dropped it on touch. He picked it up again.
"Somehow, the first person who touches the crystal is immune to what it brings," I explained.
Our group kept going. We found a paper with some writing on it. I picked it up and read it to the others.
"Find the six crystals of the moon. Stand in the clearing of the trees," I read to the others.
"What does that mean?" Michael asked.
"It means we have to find the last crystal, and Seth has to pick it up," Alex said.
"We better get going if we want to find it guys," Seth said.
Seth started to walk to the north. We all followed.
"I see a green light!" Seth yelled as he started to run. We all tried to keep up with him, but we couldn't. We stopped in our tracks, then we sat down. About 5 minutes later, Seth ran back with a green crystal.
"So that makes six, now we have to find the clearing in the trees," I said, "Everyone, get out your cell phones. I will send a party to all of you so we can communicate."
"Yes, Sam," they all said.
"I will send you messages to where you need to go," I said.
"Okay."
"Let's get started."

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team