Romance at Hogwarts

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 9 posts ] Average score:  
 A challenge for you all...
new

Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:21 pm
THE ULTIMATE SHIPPING CHALLENGE!!
Hello Stackers and Potterheads! I was really bored lately, so I came with an idea for a fun game for the Romance at Hogwarts board. This game will test your Harry Potter character knowledge and help you discover things you never knew before! :D Basically, I will post a random couple every week and you need to give me at least 3 reasons why this couple WOULD WORK (I think it would be more of the challenge than why it wouldn't work). There won't be any winner, but I can guarantee that there will be lots of fun! :D :D :D
THIS WEEK'S COUPLE IS....
HARRY POTTER/MOANING MYRTLE!!!

Re: A challenge for you all...
new

Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:50 pm
Oh, come on, one reply! Please???? *cute begging face*

new

Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:01 pm
Ooh, a challenge! *cackles gleefully* :lol:

1. Moaning Myrtle clearly likes Harry a lot, and is also clearly in need of love, and Harry is one of the only people who actually tries to be nice to her, so yeah...:mrgreen:
2. Well, Harry does a lot of dangerous things, so it isn't all that unlikely that he would have ended up dead, in which case they could be together...
3. Harry's mostly happy attitude might compliment and be a good influence on Moaning Myrtle! And Moaning Myrtle's attitude, erm...hopefully wouldn't be an influence at all. (I ran out of ideas, okay!?) :wink:

That was fun! :grin:

~Songbird49, who has never posted on this board before, but couldn't resist this game. :razz:

regular_contributor

Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:31 pm
OK this sounds a lot of fun but I'm not sure at all... :P

1. There's a very high chance Harry gets brainwashed or bewitched and just falls in love with her
OTHERWISE CONSIDER: 1. Moaning Myrtle is a ghost that has been around for fifty years. Maybe her teenage-alive self was pretty shallow, but I refuse to believe she has not grown wiser during her, well, not life, her time as a ghost. It could be headcanoned that the way she acts is just to get their attention because she has to keep up her persona (thinking about it, most ghosts keep up some sort of "character") but she's actually a lot wiser than what she seems to be, she just wants someone to understand how she feels to open up :D
(Well she does open up, but to Draco)
2. HOWEVER what about Harry uuum... well what about he kind of connects better with her because she's a ghost and he's lost many loved ones?
3. We do know she likes him, so it's all about getting Harry to like her? Well we do know Harry likes girls who like Quidditch like Cho or Ginny. What if Moaning Myrtle was a Quidditch nerd, or even more, actually in the Quidditch team of her house? It's not completely unlikely. Maybe she really was a hidden talent! Maybe one of the things that made Draco Malfoy trust her enough to cry in front of her was her comforting/dumbstrucking him with her massive knowledge on Quidditch. Now they have one thing in common :D
4. Myrtle is a ghost, she can go through walls and stuff and Harry has his dad's Invisibility Cloak. Myrtle is also dead, and a ghost because she was afraid of death, while Harry learns to comfort his fear of death and eventually becomes its master (Parallels that don't lead nowhere, but still cool parallels)
5. Myrtle actually knew Voldemort when he was young! She could provide priceless information about him, maybe. Perhaps she even knew about the Diadem being hidden! If Harry was patient enough to listen to her, he could've learned a lot of things.
6. If Harry was patient enough to listen to her, he would become a more patient person. All about learning to see through the other's physical appearance (omg I LOVE WHAT I DID HERE) and learning to be patient and accepting yes OTP ;s
(7.) Actual headcanon developed that Moaning Myrtle is delusional enough to believe that Draco and Harry are both mad for her and sees them as totally hawt gods, and eventually ends up doin' some ghost magic and striking Stephenie Meyer with the inspiration to write for her (Myrtle), her (Myrtle's) fantasies of the boys fighting over her (Myrtle) and eventually the books end up quite different, but it's still two hawt guys fighting over Myrtle.
(8.) Blame Myrtle for Twilight, I know I do.

new

Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:13 pm
Yay! Thanks Songbird!! :D

new

Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:08 pm
Woohoo! Thanks to you too, Hippolyte! Loved your points :)

regular_contributor

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:25 pm
You're welcome Bubblybookworm :D And thanks back :) Are you going to do more? Please, please, please do more I really enjoyed this thingy!

contributor

Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:04 pm
AHH! I can't believe I haven't replied to this yet! Ok, here are my reasons:
-Well, we all know that Moaning Myrtle had a crush on Harry. :) It was actually kind of sweet, in my opinion. Harry was the only one who cared enough about Myrtle's feelings to be polite and kind towards her. It's a very understandable ship when you think about it from Myrtle's perspective.
-Myrtle and Harry both understand what it's like to be an outcast. (This one I think is the most important-- they understand each other at their weakest points.)
-They both have faced Voldemort, even if Myrtle didn't know it at the time. They've also both lost something to Voldemort -Myrtle, her life; Harry, his parents.
-For the living/dead barrier, this is what would make the ship so tragic! (I actually do ship Draco/Myrtle, partly because I like -in a sad way- the idea of a human falling in love with a ghost. :P)
Cool post! What a great idea! :D :D
.Foreverelephant.
"No ordinary wings I'll need,
The sky itself will carry me
back to you.
The things I dream that I can do,
I'll open up the moon for you."
--Sara Bareilles, "One Sweet Love"♡♥

regular_contributor

Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:12 pm
Oh wait though! We're talking about Harry/Myrtle and Draco/Myrtle and we're all ignoring Ron/Myrtle! Out of the four students we see Myrtle interact with in the series (the Trio and Malfoy- Ginny doesn't really count because I don't think they ever acknowledge each other's existence) I think Myrtle and Ron would have the most chemistry bcuz:

~Ron is the only one of the trio who is not annoyed by Myrtle (like Hermione) or just merely polite around her so that she doesn't start shouting (like Harry) but he actually seems to find her presence pretty amusing.
~Also it seems that both Ron and Myrtle are people who like arguments (well Myrtle mostly seems to enjoy whatever makes her cry but)
~Ron seems to understand Myrtle better than anyone. He even got that she has a crush on Harry and she's a freaking ghost, the most disliked ghost in the entire school and Ron is freaking cool with that
~Ron is very much used to outlandish things happening to him; his dad has a flying car in the garage, you can't eat candy in his house without getting sick, he probably sleeps through the noise of the ghoul in his attic every night and he spent his childhood throwing gnomes out of his garden and even without the wizarding element there's Ginny who's an ultimate chatterbox whenever Harry's not around, Mrs. Weasley being everyone's only fear in the Weasley household and Percy singing in the shower I mean ghost outcast girlfriend who was an outcast when living too, why would anyone be surprised eh

[ 9 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team