Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 5 posts ] Average score:  
 A Chocolate Milk Debate
frequent_vsitor

Thu May 27, 2010 8:26 pm
Nutrition experts have made a desicion..... about chocolate milk? The deliciously flavored dairy beverage is being debated. Recently, there has been talk of banning chocolate milk in schools. One 12 ounce can of soda has the equivalent of drinking 8 ounce serving of chocolate milk. Drinking chocolate milk regularly can pack on the pounds. Some schools have switched to low-fat white milk. Milk manufacturers everywhere agree, that while it may be healthier, kids might not drink it without the chocolate flavoring. Chocolate or not? What do you think?

Re: A Chocolate Milk Debate

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:30 am
I agree with you if kids don't get chocolate milk they won't drink anything.  I know I wouldn't.  So I hope that they won't take the the chocolate milk away for the schools.

frequent_vsitor

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:59 am
i think you meant you agree with the milk manufacturers

contributor

Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:55 pm
My thoughts....:
One 12 ounce can of soda has the equivalent of drinking 8 ounce serving of chocolate milk.
Equivalent.... what?  Sugar-content, calories, what?  I'm interested!

Some schools have switched to low-fat white milk. Milk manufacturers everywhere agree, that while it may be healthier, kids might not drink it without the chocolate flavoring. Chocolate or not? What do you think?
I love milk --plain OR chocolate-- and I drink either kind with equal delight.  In my old elementary school, the milk cartons were teeny tiny, barely enough for a couple of gulps.  So I think that schools could offer a large carton of low-fat white milk or a very small carton of chocolate milk.  I think maybe greed would prompt lots of kids to pick the white milk because of the larger amount.

Nice paragraph! :smileywink:

frequent_contributor

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:44 pm
Personally, I hate all kinds of milk. Some kids don't drink anything besides that- I don't know how they would live without it.

[ 5 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team