Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 38 posts ] Average score:  
 A Humorous Play. PLEASE READ AND COMMENT!!!!
visitor

Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:44 pm
Hey Guys!

I decided to try something new and began writing a play. This play is supposed to be funny and contain humor, but it's ok if you guys don't think it's funny. I haven't finished the play yet and the part of the play that I've posted is just the beginning. So please reply and feel free to comment and critique any part of the play that I've posted. Your opinions and views on the play (whether it's positive or negative) will help my play grow stronger so I'm welcome to all sorts of interpretations. Thanks for helping me!:smileyhappy:

-BiracialButterfly

“It is as easy to dream up a book as it is hard to write one.” -Balzac

P.S. Can you guys help me think of a title? Oh, and if the play seems lame, you can just tell me. Don't worry, I won't be offended. I agree that the play is a little awkward, but maybe your replies will help me to overcome that. Also, "The Humorous Play" is not the official title. It's just temporary until I discover a new one. Thanks again!:smileywink:

The Humorous Play

Speaker: You’ve heard of those kinds of love stories where the geeky yet invisible girl tries to get the guy, right? Or at least the kind where the geeky girl admires the guy from afar. Blah, Blah, Blah! It’s all the same and it’s Garbage. Plain, old, smelling garbage. But what if I told you that the whole story was twisted. Really twisted, actually! So twisted that you wouldn’t even understand what was going on. Well of course you’ll understand what’s going on, but I’m just trying to emphasize the point that the whole plot of this story is really confusing. Well not confusing, just twisted. But not twisted as in dizzy. Just twisted. As in…um…well…twisted I guess? Oh never mind. Ok, well this is the story and I hope you like it. If you don’t, you can blame the writer. But if you love it, just try to not make the applause too loud. Wouldn’t want anyone to get too jealous now, would we.

(Taken back to the beginning)

(Now at school, characters: Kristy, Lauren, background extras)

Speaker: So…anyway, this is where the story begins. Right at school. I know what you’re probably thinking: “Oh my gosh! It’s school! What a totally unoriginal scene to put in a story!” But just hang with me for a sec. Once we get into the plot, you’ll totally be like: (enthusiastic cheerleader voice) Omg! School! Whoo Hoo! Oh, and by the way, my name is Christy. The one with the tom-boy look, hair in pony tail, hazel eyes. Yep, that’s me! And don’t I look so cute in this scene. I was only 13 years old and 2 months. Now I’m 13 years old and 8 months. Isn’t that exciting?

Christy: So, Lauren, how was your summer?

Lauren: Oh my gosh!!! I just knew you were going to ask! You see I have something called a fifth sense. Kind of like what Karen had in Mean Girls. Yeah, I’m psychic. It’s like a gift!!! Oh and my summer was great. I went to Hawaii and met a cute guy. I read in this book that you must sniff a person to show your sign of affection. So I sniffed his hair and he walked away. That’s good right?

Christy: …Sure. Exactly what book were you reading when you found out information.

Lauren: This book. Here I’ll show you.

(Lauren takes the book out of her locker and shows it to Christy, revealing that the title is: Dogs for Dummies)

Christy: Okay…um… Lauren. You do realize that this book is about dogs, right?

Lauren: Well, duuuuuhhhhh! I’m not stupid Christy. I was looking through this book and I found the category “Signs of Affection”. Obviously dogs don’t show other dogs signs of affection, so this category is for people like you and me.

Christy: Or maybe just for people like you.

Lauren: So how was your summer, Christy?

Christy: Nothing much, just stayed home most of the time.

(Bell rings for class to start in 5 min)

Christy: I guess I better go, see you at lunch.

(End of scene 1)

(Scene 2: At home)

Speaker: Lunch was great! Psh, are you kidding me?! School lunch is never great; it’s always meatloaf surprise or veggie burgers. They think that their filling us with nutrition, but once you even pick up whatever’s on the menu for the day, it’s like eating a banana filled with mold. It’s gross, right? Talk about committing nutrition suicide. Anyway, the first day of school was okay. So, back to the story.

Mom: How was your first day of your sophomore year in high school? Feeling good?

Christy: It was okay

Speaker: Wow, de-ja vu.

Mom: Did you see any cute boys at school that you think you might be interested in this year?

Christy: Mom… please don’t start that again…

Mom: Oh, right. Sorry. I forgot. Teenagers don’t like to discuss the “boy” topic around their mothers. It’s just not cool. Am I right? What’s that term again: Don’t get all up in my asparagus. Or was it cool-aid. It’s so hard to remember which type of food I can’t get all up in.

(Christy just stares at her in a weird way)

Christy: …Okay, you know what mom. I’m just going to go up in my room and start on my homework.

Mom: Okay sweetie, let me know if you need anything. Any asparagus, cool-aid. Okay, I’ll just call you for dinner.

(End of Scene 3)

Re: A Humorous Play. PLEASE READ AND COMMENT!!!!
regular_visitor

Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:07 am
Great! I'd love to read more! The first part is a bit confusing, but it's great anyway!

regular_visitor

Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:08 am
oh hilarious! :smileyvery-happy:
it's so good!
seriously, can't wait to read more!
but you might try posting it in 'dramatic script' board
sorry, can't think of a title though

Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:46 am
oh, i love it! it's so wonderful! and funny!:smileyvery-happy: lol

frequent_contributor

Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:11 pm
Hahaha! Sounds like a pretty good comedy... Very cool! :smileyvery-happy:

_cavyheart_

"This is where I write down my thoughts,
The diary of my head...!"

Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:39 pm
it was the bomb i loved it maybe i could write something and get i published by my aunt:smileyhappy:

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:40 pm
OMG its hilarious its like the total cool-aid am i right!!!???  NO?  awwww well it was still totally the bomb and if i do say so my self it rocked more than a rock!!!!!!! totally funny reminds me of my kinda wrong in the head friend and my totally embarrassing parents............ which reminds me i need to talk to them about that............ OH WELL NEVR MIND............ yeah, so, ........ yep........ right getting back on track here your story was hilarious and i love it and i cant wait till you write the other one.

- MaximumRide

rookie_visitor

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:43 pm
 LOL! i luved it! you should totally write more! WRITE ON!

visitor

Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:25 am
awesome! i love it! really funny! please continue!!

visitor

Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:10 pm
I love it!!!! I like the part where Christ's friend is talking about how she sniffed a guy because Dogs for Dummies! Keep writing!
_SnowClaw_

Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:41 pm
Very nice, very funny. Good work!!:smileyhappy:

-chaoscontroller-
I can control chaos. What do you expect?

regular_visitor

Tue May 19, 2009 10:22 pm

_BiracialButterfly_ wrote:
Hey Guys!

I decided to try something new and began writing a play. This play is supposed to be funny and contain humor, but it's ok if you guys don't think it's funny. I haven't finished the play yet and the part of the play that I've posted is just the beginning. So please reply and feel free to comment and critique any part of the play that I've posted. Your opinions and views on the play (whether it's positive or negative) will help my play grow stronger so I'm welcome to all sorts of interpretations. Thanks for helping me!:smileyhappy:

-BiracialButterfly

“It is as easy to dream up a book as it is hard to write one.” -Balzac

P.S. Can you guys help me think of a title? Oh, and if the play seems lame, you can just tell me. Don't worry, I won't be offended. I agree that the play is a little awkward, but maybe your replies will help me to overcome that. Also, "The Humorous Play" is not the official title. It's just temporary until I discover a new one. Thanks again!:smileywink:

The Humorous Play

Speaker: You’ve heard of those kinds of love stories where the geeky yet invisible girl tries to get the guy, right? Or at least the kind where the geeky girl admires the guy from afar. Blah, Blah, Blah! It’s all the same and it’s Garbage. Plain, old, smelling garbage. But what if I told you that the whole story was twisted. Really twisted, actually! So twisted that you wouldn’t even understand what was going on. Well of course you’ll understand what’s going on, but I’m just trying to emphasize the point that the whole plot of this story is really confusing. Well not confusing, just twisted. But not twisted as in dizzy. Just twisted. As in…um…well…twisted I guess? Oh never mind. Ok, well this is the story and I hope you like it. If you don’t, you can blame the writer. But if you love it, just try to not make the applause too loud. Wouldn’t want anyone to get too jealous now, would we.HAHAhAhA

(Taken back to the beginning)

(Now at school, characters: Kristy, Lauren, background extras)

Speaker: So…anyway, this is where the story begins. Right at school. I know what you’re probably thinking: “Oh my gosh! It’s school! What a totally unoriginal scene to put in a story!” But just hang with me for a sec. Once we get into the plot, you’ll totally be like: (enthusiastic cheerleader voice) Omg! School! Whoo Hoo! Oh, and by the way, my name is Christy. The one with the tom-boy look, hair in pony tail, hazel eyes. Yep, that’s me! And don’t I look so cute in this scene. I was only 13 years old and 2 months. Now I’m 13 years old and 8 months. Isn’t that exciting?

Christy: So, Lauren, how was your summer?

Lauren: Oh my gosh!!! I just knew you were going to ask! You see I have something called a fifth sense. Kind of like what Karen had in Mean Girls. Yeah, I’m psychic. It’s like a gift!!! Oh and my summer was great. I went to Hawaii and met a cute guy. I read in this book that you must sniff a person to show your sign of affection. So I sniffed his hair and he walked away. That’s good right?

Christy: …Sure. Exactly what book were you reading when you found out information.

Lauren: This book. Here I’ll show you.

(Lauren takes the book out of her locker and shows it to Christy, revealing that the title is: Dogs for Dummies)

Christy: Okay…um… Lauren. You do realize that this book is about dogs, right?

Lauren: Well, duuuuuhhhhh! I’m not stupid Christy. I was looking through this book and I found the category “Signs of Affection”. Obviously dogs don’t show other dogs signs of affection, so this category is for people like you and me.

Christy: Or maybe just for people like you. HAHAHHAHAHA... Am I the only one laughing? I dont think so...

Lauren: So how was your summer, Christy?

Christy: Nothing much, just stayed home most of the time.

(Bell rings for class to start in 5 min)

Christy: I guess I better go, see you at lunch.

(End of scene 1)

(Scene 2: At home)

Speaker: Lunch was great! Psh, are you kidding me?! School lunch is never great; it’s always meatloaf surprise or veggie burgers. They think that their filling us with nutrition, but once you even pick up whatever’s on the menu for the day, it’s like eating a banana filled with mold. It’s gross, right? Talk about committing nutrition suicide. Anyway, the first day of school was okay. So, back to the story.

HHAHAHAHHAHAHA! Why are all of my responses 'HAHAHA'?

Mom: How was your first day of your sophomore year in high school? Feeling good?

Christy: It was okay

Speaker: Wow, de-ja vu.

Mom: Did you see any cute boys at school that you think you might be interested in this year?

Christy: Mom… please don’t start that again…

Mom: Oh, right. Sorry. I forgot. Teenagers don’t like to discuss the “boy” topic around their mothers. It’s just not cool. Am I right? What’s that term again: Don’t get all up in my asparagus. Or was it cool-aid. It’s so hard to remember which type of food I can’t get all up in.

(Christy just stares at her in a weird way) Funny. Really funny.

Christy: …Okay, you know what mom. I’m just going to go up in my room and start on my homework.

Mom: Okay sweetie, let me know if you need anything. Any asparagus, cool-aid. Okay, I’ll just call you for dinner.

(End of Scene 3)

You write like a - professianal humor writer. I write like a dying grampa trying to put all of his life in a book before the day when he dies...

SWIMMANIAC
PS I dont think that comment really made sense... oh well.

visitor

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:03 pm
i need a book published. u r so lucky. i need 2 meet ur aunt. mom n dad makin me go 2 sleep peace out.

contributor

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:15 pm
HA. HA. HA. HA. (Coughs) HA. HA.

frequent_vsitor

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:22 pm

I was laughing so hard when I read this. I think my family thinks I'm crazy now. Anyways, can't wait to read more! smiley

rookie_visitor

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:16 am

Wow it is really good. Keep it up!!!

frequent_vsitor

Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Its really good but I think you might want to move it to the dramatic script boards smiley

~Ella

Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:00 am

Cool

visitor

Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:25 am

YAY!!!! Post more, pleeeease? XD!!!!!

~IsisLovesCupcakes(;~

Luv foreva, babes! XD (Just kidding, I'm a girl. o.o)

new

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:52 pm

LOL! It was super funny! Expecally (I know I spelled that wrong) the part with the mom "Don't get all up in asparagus" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

new

Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:50 pm

sweet i love it coolio!!!!

new

Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:02 pm

i thought u already had a title

The Humorous Play

i thought u did pretty good for a little kid. I liked the play and I hope u write another one

enlightened(IDEA) how bout u u listen to what other people like and get there opioin

yesk?

new

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:47 pm

OK, I would love to help you with a title. Here are a few: If it is about two best friends, it could be called Oppisites Attract. But if its a love story, it could be called Finding Teenage Love.

Sorry if they sound cheesy.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:29 pm
haha that's great! can't wait to read more!

new

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:33 am
omg i would totally buy this if this was a book and if it was made into a play i would go see it your really good at writing cant wait to see the rest of this.

new

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:15 pm
Awesome. Not that confusing though. Does your mom really ask you that ?

new

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:56 am
It's really good ! Cant wait to see the rest ;)

new

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:24 am
Wow, that was pretty good but.................where is the end of it ? I mean I don't know about you but the minute I start something, I want to finish it . So I was just wondering if you are still working on it or not. ONCE AGAIN the sketch was great. Keep up the good work!!!! Btw:please reply

new

Wed May 22, 2013 9:58 pm
well i think that the play was....AMAZING but.....the other girl read a dog book WOWZA shes DUMB!!p.s.how do u make a play??(im a writer need to write!)

new

Wed May 22, 2013 10:07 pm
ME:um my play is called swimming with the Mermaids:characters:kate,ashley,taylor,kerance:kate:OMG!! taylor there is a BIG BEE on your hair.taylor:AHH GET IT OFF!!kate:i was just jokinghahah:taylor:kate WHY DONT EVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!kate:cant u take a joke?? me:preview people!!

new

Fri May 24, 2013 9:04 pm
That is an awesome play. Unlike some people, you actually put in the dialog. It is a very well written play. Also please be my friend (...). So farwell for now.

new

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:56 pm
I have a name- Love gone wrong

new

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:34 pm
this is funny and i think you could just have the humorous play as a funny title for it

new

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:26 pm
this is soooo cool and funny!!! :lol: i love the Mean Girls reference!! ( i love that movie!) plz plz plz write more!!!

amusedchicken22

new

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:31 pm
lol "all up in my asparagus"LOLOL ROFL LOL COOL AID LOLOLOL ROFLMPO haha anywho whare is the rest this is AWESOMES!

new

Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:25 pm

U MUST KEEP WRITING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank u for ur time,

creekclimbing11

new

Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:31 pm

how about the title "The Life of Christy (last name)"!! Other than that the mom and Lauren were hilarious!! Christy isn't supposed to be funny right? Was the second page continued about the play or something else!!

[ 38 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team