Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 12 posts ] Average score:  
 A Humourous Story That's Actually Real :o
visitor

Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:36 am

This Message has been moved. Please click the link to see it, even though there's no link there.

Sorry, I just had to do that.

~A Humourous Story That's Actually Real~
I'm obsessed with British people. And, since I have a VERY good, amazingly fudgefully SPECTACULAR, cupcakingly good British accent, me and my friend Breeanna use British accents all the time.

One day, I decided I was Adele's cousin. And she was taking me to court, because I am stalking her.

And there, it all started.

The next day, Banana, (for that is her nickname) in her very BAD British accent, (Sorry, dude..) asked how court went. So I said, in my very fudgefully AWESOME British accent, (BURNAGE!! Sorry again, dude..) "Actually, I tackled her. So she has a restraining order against me."

So now we keep talking in British accents.

And that, my friends, is why my throat hurts.

~IsisLovesCupcakes(;~

Re: A Humourous Story That's Actually Real :o

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:01 am
:D

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:01 pm
I'm British. I hope you didn't do a posh accent... makes me angry when Americans try that one...

new

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:34 pm
Intresting but good!

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:09 am
Um......you could probably do better. This is very, i don't know, uninteresting, not humorous (TO ME).

new

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:02 am
That reminds me of the time I had some friends over for a sleepover, and my pal McKenzie made a prank call using a British accent to her babysitter's boyfriend! I STILL don't know how she got his number. p.s. LOL

new

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:06 pm
LOL epicink2 are you really British? WAY COOL

new

Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:34 pm

AWKWARD!!!

new

Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:05 am

Whenever Americans do a British accent, they either speak "the Queen's English," or an over-exaggerated low-class Cockney accent. Whenever British people do an American accent, they do a Southern accent.

new

Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:40 am

isisghost3: :D Lol! :d

new

Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:47 am

? I am puzzled by this story. My cousin would still laugh if he read this. As for accents, people always assume everyone from a certain place has an accent. I lived in Georgia for a long time and when I moved to California everyone was asking what happened to my accent. Asnwer: I never had one. 

By the way, everyone does exaggerate English accents. I as well can do a fairly good accent, as my dad is from England and I learned a lot of my early words from eavesdropping on his facetimes. It took me a while to realize when people said truck, they meant a lorry... English accents are fairly simple due to the fact it is primaririly a difference in the pronounciation of the vowels. In one, they are louder and more emphasized, in the other they are softer. There is also variation in the pronounciation of consononts in different languages as well... Languages truly are a beautiful thing...

Though I trust you are telling the truth, this story has me struggling to believe it. Wouldn't the whole world have heard of it? Then again, I am oblivious to a lot of things...

new

Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:05 pm

sorry that is not funny maby you should make a roll play have people watch it and have them tell you what they think and if they think it's funny post it

[ 12 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team