General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 A Note to the Next Generation of Write-it-ers
regular_contributor

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:35 am
Hello there, current residents of the Write-it Board.
Most of you probably have no idea who I am, but I too was once a frequenter of the amazing place that is Write-it. Since I'm here checking in, I thought I'd make a little post telling you all a little bit about how amazing this place is, and how much it has helped me as a writer.
The first thing I want to say to you all is that the thing that makes this board incredible is the people and the (lasting) relationships you build. It's not just about getting critique on your writing every once in a while -- it's about having a nice little support team as you all improve as writers, together. Be that cheering team for one another.
I also wanted to leave a few ideas behind that a few of you dedicated newbies might want to take up to carry on. Some "legacies", you could say, that ought to be passed on.
  • the Write-it Awards: an annual little thingy where novels, poems, novelists, and poets get recognition in categories like: Most Dedicated to the Boards, Most Dedicated to Writing, Most Likely to Be Published Before Age 18, to name a few.
  • Write-it Writes a Story: a collaboration book project
  • Midnight Ramblings: posts giving updates on writing and other stuff that the Mod is cool enough to put up with despite how annoying they are (okay, maybe we shouldn't pass this one on)
  • Writing Prompts: writing prompts hidden around all of the Write-it boards
  • Digital fiestas with cyber desserts and whatnot

The coolest thing about Write-it, is that you'll all come up with your own fun traditions here on this board, just as we did ours. This really is a magical little board, so take care of it and make it your own.
Wherever you are at in your writing career, no matter how old you are, how good or how bad you are (most of us are pretty awful to start off) this is an excellent place to be to encourage other writers. Feel free to introduce yourself in a reply. Though I'm not sure how frequent I'll visit, I'd love to get to know you all, at least a bit, and hear what writing projects you're working on.
Keep the board alive, younglings! The torch is in your hands!
- Allie

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team