Romance at Hogwarts

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  
 A return and another challenge....
new

Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Hello! *waves*

I was taking a break from studying (exams in two days...yay) when I realised I hadn't been here in ages. Aaaaages. So I logged on, had a look at all the old posts, and noticed....my shipping challenges. Everyone had such great responses and seemed to enjoy them, I thought why not post another? So, here it goes....

THIS WEEK'S COUPLE IS...

laughPROFESSOR MC GONAGLL/ VERNON DURSLEY!!! laugh

Good luck!!!!

Re: A return and another challenge....
regular_contributor

Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:03 am

Oh no. I'm so late. But yet again i'm not really online lately. 

ANYWAY! Good to see and hear from you again (yeah, read from you. read. read)

McGonagall/Dursley totally makes sense, how is this even a challenge. First of all think about how... much they can learn from each other! Or at least how much McGonagall can teach Dudley about the world and how he sees things! And she wouldn't take any of his nonsense! She would change him for the better with her rough love tactic! 

Also think about Mr Dursley. Essentially all the wants is to protect his family from what he considers horrible, so he himself becomes horrible. BUT. Maybe there's still hope for him, isn't there? Maybe, if he allied up with the wizards', he would actually be a very helpful ally, with his Muggle knowledge and all! Therefore, in an AU where aunt Petunia doesn't exist or maybe dies early on and uncle Vernon accepts the wizarding world and decides to help, there could be something... going on... between him and the impressive, scary lady that is Minerva McGonagall. I mean she considers him a monster but if anything... if he changed then her opinion on him would change... and maybe she'd threaten him into trying to atone his past behaviour to Harry! That would be nice to see! :D

Anyway that was a mess from my side but those challenges are always so much fun! Welcome back! (Though I'm not one to welcome people back by now... :P)

new

Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:49 pm

Did anyone know that McGonnagal's first love was a muggle? Read more on pottermore. 

new

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:49 am

all i can say is that i agree with hippolyte

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team