Full Series Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 38 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Re: A Topic That Could Possibly Become An Out Of Control Debate
visitor

Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:37 am
that's tough...
normally i think he is more like james, but when things become really tense, he's more like lily. obviously he looks more like james except for the green eyes.

regular_contributor

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:49 pm

_Emma.SJ_ wrote:
I think Harry is a fairly good mesh of the two of them. Of course, it seems that when they got older, they were a lot alike--James became more open-minded and kind, etc. It seems the main difference between Lily and James as adults, was that James was more restless--he hated being in hiding, while Lily seemed a lot more in control. Based on that, Harry is more like James.

Great question! I've always said Harry looked like James, acted like Sirius, thought like Lily, and pushed people away like Remus, but that's just me. ^.^
That last sentence is a perfect summary of Harry's character!

frequent_vsitor

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:42 pm
I think he is more like lily in some ways, such as being caring, but like James by being fearless and on the very rare occasion, devious.

contributor

Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:40 am
I think he is slightly more like James, but he had Lily's eyes.

Grandesong

Look at me.
-Severus Snape

frequent_contributor

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:54 pm
I think Harry was a bit like both of them--but more like Lily. Dumbledore (in DH, The Prince's Tale) tells Snape that on the outside Harry appears to be more like his father, but in actuality his deepest nature is like his mother's.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:25 pm
That is a totally valid point which really doesn't have 1 answer. I think that Harry inherited his bravery from both James and Lilly because obviously thaey r both reallllllly brave. It would take a totally brave person to stand up to voldemort like they did. I think Harry is a melting pot about everything though. He got compassion and kindness from Lilly but got his loyalty and daring from James. They also both gave him a strong sense of friendship. As I said before this really doesn't have a definite answer.

regular_visitor

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:04 pm
since we haven't spent much time with james and lily,i don't have a clear idea.but honestly,since when have you inherited character?  how can harry get traits from someone he barely remembers?with his looks he's a little bit of both,but mostly james.

"to the well organized mind,death is the next great adventure"~dumbledore

WARRIORS FOREVER

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:48 pm
Personally, I believe Harry possesses traits and characteristics from both James and Lily.  He definitely looks a lot like James, but as they say, "has Lilly's eyes".  He's an extraordinary Quidditch player, and Seeker, like James.  However James was a little arrogant and bullied Snape around.  And Harry didn't like that.  He even had to consult Lupin about it.  I think Harry was more pure-hearted like Lily.  Although he did have conflicts with Malfoy, he didn't go out of his way to bully Malfoy.  He just mostly wanted to know what he was up to. 

Here's

regular_visitor

Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:39 pm
I think he is like both , Lily and James because he looks a lot like James but he's really caring like Lily. So, physically he is like James but personalitywise, he's like Lily.

visitor

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:06 pm
Ur right. This is a tuffy. He is strong and brave arrogant, open minded, caring... but both his parents were like that in different ways.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:55 am
i totally think he is more like james. but when you think about it, harry didn't want to be like james after he found out just how arrogant his father actually was.

Re: A Topic That Could Possibly Become An Out Of Control Deb
new

Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:32 am

Lily. Definitely. Keep in mind, he may look like James, but I don't think Harry is arrogant at all. I think his thoughts and beliefs are way more like Lily's though. Because it's our choices that show who we are, far more than our abilities.cool

[ 38 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2

PRS © 2008 PRS Team