Full Series Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 26 posts ] Average score:  
 Admit it!
regular_contributor

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:00 pm
Well,I don’t know about you guys,butI play Harry Potter all the time. Sometimes I pretend I’m Hermiones sister. [I know she doesn’t have one, but its fun!] Sometimes I pretend I’m Hermione and Ron’s long lost daughter. Even Me and my best friend pretend to do O.W.L.S! Anyways,I’m sure some of you play Harry Potter too! if you do admit it! Don’t be shy! I know what I play is weird,so if you don’t play it…then don’t mention its weird. All ready filled in on that!! :] =]

Re: Admit it!
frequent_contributor

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:44 pm
Sometimes when I'm in school, I think of what the current subject I'm in would be in Harry Potter world..

For example, in history I imagine I'm in History of Magic! [lolz! its pretty much just as boring, TRUST me]

:]
-?kreacher
currently reading: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows; Brave New World

regular_visitor

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:41 pm
I love pretending that my American Girl dolls are going to Hogwarts. I might play more, but my best friend doesn't like it and my other friend doesn't like to admit she does it.

visitor

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:39 pm
Fine, i admit it! I do play harry potter like that! I love pretending to make potions and charm people. But, my favorite is forcing my brother to battle me! I always do expelliarmus!

regular_visitor

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:57 am
i'm not saying that it's weired but yeah...

regular_contributor

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:48 pm
My friends and I play this game, which is like Hide and Seek. We split into two teams, and one hides in the same place in my house. Then the other team goes to find them. We all carry "wands" which are really just sticks. Then when one team finds the other, we scare them, and start yelling attack spells at each other. It's really fun, but also really pointless. :)

contributor

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:09 pm
Hehe... i'll admit it! My friend and I pretended we were at Hogwarts! We lived under a big tree in my backyard and named it the "Weeping Willow"! We also used stick-things with fur-like stuff at the ends as broomsticks and sticks as wands! Haha cheesy, right :)

<3, galeprimrue who feels out of place on this board because she is usually on the Hunger Games one. But she loves Harry Potter she just isn't as obsessed as she is with the Hunger Games :)

visitor

Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:04 pm
I don't play Harry Potter...none of my offline friends like Harry Potter. D:
But I do imagine what it would be like to be at Hogwarts, or to take classes with Minnie (McGonagall), or to go to Diagon Alley..(:

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:39 am
Oh yea 2 of my bffs are MAJOR HPfans and we play it all the time:smileywink:

regular_contributor

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:55 pm
I don't do that. But I will admit to listening to Wrock, reading loads of fanfictions, daydreaming in the HP world, relating everything to HP, make HP references all the time and that sort of stuff.

frequent_vsitor

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:40 pm
yeah my older sis & I pretend that we're dueling and we use our toothbrushes r wands. :)

regular_visitor

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:20 am
My friends and I sometimes nickname each other with the names of Harry Potter characters (:

contributor

Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:45 pm
I am proud to admit that I pretend to put myself in the books. I will sit in my bed and act out certain parts of the books, and pretend that i'm a character. I am not ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frequent_vsitor

Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:30 am
I play it all the time too. The only people I play it with are my brothers, but they don't really understand Harry Potter and so they're like, "Can we use these lightsabers as our wands." and I'm like, "No." Then one of them wants to be Harry Potter and they pretend that they had a dream of Hogwarts and Hagrid. Then Hagrid comes in the morning and gives us presents and they keep saying, and he gave me this and he gave me this. They keep on wanting to get a wand from him. The funnest time I  played it though we had these boxes and we bought our school supplies and put in the boxes. I even pretended there was like the candies. Then we went to school and had classes and schedules. Everyone has to admit they've played Harry Potter at least once. Even if it's one of the LEGO sets.

regular_contributor

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:10 pm
*smile* Here's a scene from my school bus. I've renamed everybody fake names so nobody can stalk them. Notes to reader in red brackets.

Jane: So yeah, I found that pretty cool... I didn't like the ending though. (talking about HP7 movie)
Amy: I thought it was kinda menacing.
Emily: I have no idea what spell makes a bolt of light come out of your wand and shoot up to the sky, though.
Me: Hmm... they're all Latin, right? Maybe... uh, Lux Ascendere?
Jane: Your Latin is painful. For one thing, ascendere is 'to rise', not 'rise'.
Me: Well, yes, I'm a second-year and you're a fifth-year, of course you're going to think that. (As in years of secondary school) And besides, I wasn't exactly thinking of getting all the Latin right, I was just randomly theorising.
Emily: So what does Avada Kedrava mean?
Jane: That's just a play on Abracadabra. Avada Kedrava is my favourite spell.
Me: Mine's Imperio.
Amy: Well, it would be, wouldn't it. I can just imagine you taking over the world with a horde of Imperiused Aurors.
Me: I can too. *pulls random small stick (cherry wood, about seven inches :) ) she picked up earlier from pocket and points at Emily* IMPERIO!
Jane: *points finger at me as she doesn't have a stick* Crucio!
Me: Protego!
Amy: *pointing finger* Expelliarmus!
Robin: *suddenly joining in* Expelliarmus Totalus!
Jane: PETRIFICUS TOTALUS! SILENCIO! *while we're all being still and quiet pretending to be petrificus-ed and silencio-ed* Expelliarmus Totalus is not a spell, class 7A. I expected better of you.
Me: It could be, though. There's protego totalus and petrificus totalus and what they all basically do is make it apply to everything. Petrificus Totalus petrifies your whole body, protego totalus protects your whole camp, etc etc. So Expelliarmus Totalus should disarm the whole group, rather than just one kid. Right?
Jane: Nice theorising, Granger, but no.
Me: Yes.
Jane: No.
Me: Yes.
Jane: NO! I'M THE TEACHER! NOT YOU!
Me: NO YOU'RE NOT! EXPELLIARMUS TOTALUS! IMPERIO! CRUCIO!
Amy: Incendio!
Emily: ...Protego?
Jane: PROTEGO! CRUCIO! INCENDIO! DIFFINDO! CONFRINGO! AVADA KEDRAVA!
Emily: You're using the Killing Curse? Ooooh, someone's getting stressy!
Jane: CRUCIO! DIE, EMILY, DIE! AVADA KEDRAVA!
Me: Avada Kedrava!
Amy: Hey guys, let's calm down with the Unforgivable Curses here! Use different spells. Diffindo. Confringo. Incendio. Expelliarmus. Stupefy. You get the idea? This is a nice, calm, peaceful bus and we don't want people to murde-
Jane: Avada Kedrava! *on Amy*
Me: Avada Kedrava! *on Jane*
Emily: Avada Kedrava! *on me*
*Everybody breaks out yelling curses indiscriminantly at each other*
Robin: LUMOS!
*Everybody suddenly falls silent*
Robin: What?
Jane: ... Nice lumos from the back there, lighting up the battlefield. That's good strategy, class, no use fighting in the dark. Fifty points to Ravenclaw.
Robin: ...But the online quiz said I was in Slytherin.

See? Us British are crazy. :) :) :) :)
~Accalia

N/A

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:38 am
My brother is a HP freak even though he's never read the books, which annoys me.
My brother:

*throwing the door open for me after school* *points random stick at me* Avada Kedavra!

Later:

*at the dinner table* *points chopstick at me* Avada Kedavra!

At night, 10:00pm approximately:

*bursts into room and brandishes stick* Avada Kedavra!
Me: *getting annoyed* Can you be more original?
Brother: *scratches head* ...Expelliarmus?
Me: Go. Away. It's freaking ten!
Brother: What's the one with the expert...expect...expect patrolmen one?
Me: Expecto Patronum, FYI. Now go away.
Brother: Expecto Patronum! *runs away*

frequent_vsitor

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:46 pm
I don't exactly play Harry Potter, because my brothers haven't read them and my BFF would probably think I was mental if I suggested it (even though she loves HP). But I definitely imagine! Sometimes I just space out in math class (least favorite subject) and think about having my own wand and making potions, and anyone I hate would just be out of my way with a "Sectumsempra" or an "Avada Kedavra" - or is that too harsh? Maybe just a simple "Stupefy!" will do. :smileywink:

frequent_vsitor

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:30 am
Ok ya i admit it i do it all the time. Some times in school my freinds and i pretent were at hogwarts lol

regular_visitor

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:39 pm
I USED TO PRETEND TO BE SERIOUS'S LITTLE SISTER WHO WAS HARRYS AGE

new

Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:35 pm
Ok, so since I'm in third grade, at recess me and my friends play Harry Potter. Don't worry, you are not the only one! :D

new

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:06 am
I think I'm a little old for playing (Not that anyone is every too old for playing, just some people grow out of it. For example I'm too old, but not everyone else my age is. (Respond if that makes sense :-) )) but sometimes I imagine myself into the story (or is that what you meant?)

wow I'm in love with brackets today! sunnydawn28

new

Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:20 pm

I LOVE to battle my brother. (5 years old) But all he says is expelliarmus

new

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:20 pm
OK, I admit! Sometimes, my sister and I pretend to make our teddy bears go to hogwarts! We would pretend that theyre harry potter and everyone else, and sort of relive the books. And once, my friend and I made a book cover for an eigth book, where it's second generation. Apparently, dumbledores ghost has come back to haunt them, and the kids must be brave enough to save hogwarts

new

Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:37 am

Sometimes in school I start casting spells with my pencil. laugh

[ 26 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team