General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 Amnesia.
new

Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:18 pm

To any other young writers, lets write a short story. I'll start/

Hours have passed, no days,Thats how long I have been here, still holding onto the fragment of life that I have fought for. I don't remember a thing, but I know 2 things: I need to get up, and I need to get out of here. I'm in some kind of cave, I think. Yes, I see light. I climbed the rocks, getting small scratches in my hands, and then getting them again in the same places, I knew soon they would be scars. I don't care. I finally got to the top. I'm bloody, dirty, and scared. I'm getting nearer to the light though.

Finally, I walk into the outer world. 

Re: Amnesia.
new

Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:39 am

My whole body aches, I know I shouldn't be here, I shouldn't be seen, but I don't care. I have escaped. I have done it. But even knowing that, I dive under the layer of foilage.

Once I feel am sheltered from the hostile forces outside, I begin to think. How? How did I do it? How did I rise above the monsters in the dark pit? How...did I fly?

Then I get it. My whole body was aching, including a pair of something beside my shoulder blades.....

I have a pair of wings.

I try to get a better look at them. They're red and have a spike at the end of each tip. They're dragon wings. But that's not possible. I tell myself. How did they get a hold of that kind of DNA? They died years ago....

I only know a few things: I have been mutated, I escaped the demons, and I am on the run. I take a deep breath.

It's time to move on.

-Dragoncrown485

Re: Amnesia.
new

Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:27 am

Before I know it, tears are streaming down my mud-caked cheeks. But, I'm not sad. I'm not scared, I'm- lost. Suddenly  the sky above me doesn't seem like my safe haven that I felt it had been for years, it's an empty wilderness. My head lolls on my neck and I can't seem to control myself. My wings flap- once, twice, and suddenly- I'm airborne. My chest heaves as I cry hysterically. I feel like a part of me is dying, what's happening to me?!

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team