General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 59 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Re: ANY NEW BOOKS FOR A 12 YEAR OLD TO READ???!!!!!! PLZZZ R
new

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:56 pm
Read Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, Artemis Fowl, The Books of Elsewhere, Hoot, Twilight saga, The Golden Compass, 13 Gifts, Summerland. <@br -Maliha who's hearing Fun "Some Nights" br@>

new

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:20 am
I'm ten and I read books that only 17 years old read (a.k.a. intense romantic scenes,YOUR PERIOD, girl stuff, fey books, L.G.Smith's books) and 18 years old read but my sissy tells me to read these cuz I read this stuff. nywys, hope this will come into handy: Chicken soup, Francine Pascal's: Sweet Valley series Wasilisa Brown's:Thrills and chills Wall series The maxium ride Cecila Ahern's If you could see me now(made me cry and laugh) Cecila Ahern's Where Rainbow's Ends Cecila Ahern's P.S.I LOVE U(creative) and I m only 10 even though only 17-year-olds read these!

new

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:39 pm
I would suggest any books by Rick Riordan. I would also suggest Dark Life and Riptide. They are about a 16 year old boy named Tyson. Tyson's family lives underwater with several other families. Riptide is Dark Life's sequel.

new

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:20 am
I know some good books: The Hunger Games Series The Cronicals of Narnia The Percy Jackson Series Eggs Maniac Magee 11 Birthdays The Red Pyramid Any book about greek mythology

regular_contributor

Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:21 am
@greenpanda: actually, Hunger Games is a trilogy, not a series. A series is more than 3 books, if I'm correct. A trilogy's 3 books.

new

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:12 am
i'm 9 and i've read the hunger games currently reading thea stilton, harry potter, allie finkle RULES FOR GIRLS, how i survived middle school and life on the refrigerator door bluecobra293 P.S. SO ANGRY WITH MY BEST FRIEND!!! WELL EX-EX BEST FRIEND! :x P.P.S. I WANNA SCREAM, YELL, SHRIEK, CRY, SWEAR OR SHOUT ANGRILY AT HER!!!

new

Fri May 10, 2013 3:34 am
Try reading The Clique...... maybe ask your parents first though.... anyways they are really good!

new

Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:10 pm

The Water Fire Saga books are ausome(aka Deep Blue)

new

Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:04 am

The percy jackson or kane chronicle by rick riordan, they're kind of similar to the percy jackson book, but they have to do with mythology, 

also the philippa fisher, or emily windsnap books by liz kessler, they also have a lot of magic

I also love the baby-sitter's club books, did you read the graphic novel versions of them, by raina telgemeier? They take the great story and change it in a great new way. 

if you want a book that's more for older kids, but still doesn't have any bad stuff, read teh selection series. 

[ 59 posts ] Average score:   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

PRS © 2008 PRS Team