General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 59 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 ANY NEW BOOKS FOR A 12 YEAR OLD TO READ???!!!!!! PLZZZ REPLY
new

Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:03 am

Ok, i'm 12 years old. I'm finished with the Harry Potter series. I LOVE the babysitter's club. So? Have any suggestions? Just tell me the series/title and a lil bit of what it's about!

I do NOT like-

1- back in the day books.

Re: ANY NEW BOOKS FOR A 12 YEAR OLD TO READ???!!!!!! PLZZZ R

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Ok, so I don't know exactly what u like but here are a few suggestions:

Anything by Rick Riordan

The Secret Series

Nick of Time series

The Roman Mysteries

Dork Diaries

Diary of a Wimpy kid

Hope u find this useful.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:36 pm

You should read  Sharon Creech books they are really great!

new

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:13 pm

The book I recommend you reading is chicken soup for the girls soul.Dont know if you read it but its a REALLY GOOD BOOK.Im reading it and im 10.Its talks about what will happens to girls when they grow-up ( a.k.a. your PIRIOD) but dont get grossed out it also talks about relationships with boys,middle school,friendship etc.This book has many stories in one and has short little comix.This book can also make you ROFL ! ( roll on floor laghing.) I read one of  the stories it went like this : there was  girl with her piriod.she could'nt go to school. her mother had to go to work so the girl had to take her 6 year old brother to school. her brother saw her throw-up on the bathroom floor her brother asked what happen and she said she had her piriod.but the boy clearly did'nt understand.another day the boy got sick and was throwing up the mom said what happen and he said "mom I have my piriod !" I dont know i f you find that funny but I did ! cheeky

Hope you get to read this book!

( p.s the things that happen in this book might seem SUPRISING ! )

new

Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:40 am

I am just a year younger than you and I read a lot. Almost 24/7. I was aggagerating a bit but here are a few and I will tell you just a little bit about then because I sometimes spoil. Will try not to.

The Invention of Hugo Cabret

It is a book in words and in pictures. Hugo lives in a train station. Because his dad passed away in a fire. He found the autoamaton that his dad had been working on. And is trying to fix it. But since he leads a life of crime that is pretty hard to do. There is a cranky old man that work is a toy stand near by. Hugo watches him throught the. Clocks of the station

Any thing by Rick Riordan

All of his books are about some sort of mythology. They teach you something and you don't realize it.

39 Clues

awesome series good if you like mystery.

And a wholeml 

new

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Advice extrdinare,angelhydra3

why don't you read the back of the books and rate them on this scale

1:By an author you like but a little to girly 4 u

2:Something like harry potter been there don that

3:ENJOY BUT ITS NO BABYSITTERS CLUB

4:not as good but soooooooooooooooooooo close

5:PERFECTO GOT IT OH YA PERFECT BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

contact me if u need me kisskiss BANG

new

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:09 am

I am 10. I just joined and I read 6 grade level books. I don't like books from back in the day either so you're in luck!

Books:

- Candymakers

- any book by Wendy Mass

- Lost Hero

- Red Pyramid

Hope this helps!

new

Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:50 am

Heyyyyyyyyyy! Scarletnecklace4 here!!

I say, check out
Left Behind: Young Tride Force.
Spiderwick cronicles.

And well. thats about it...

ADD ME AS A FRIEND PLZ!!!

new

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 pm

i always liked the book chains but i am only 10smiley

DOLPHINAQUA537

ENJOYyes

new

Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:02 pm

I WOULD SAY PROBALY VESPER BY JEFF SAMPSON I READ IT AND IT BLOWS MY MIND ITS A THRILLER IF YOUR IN TO THAT KIND OF STUFF

Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Artemis Fowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a new artemis fowl book is being released summer 2012;The last gaurdian.

can't wait!

-Jadeprincess3

new

Sat May 05, 2012 3:10 am
i like the books most people on here like here are some more suggestions (think i spelled that wrong). deep and dark and dangerous, all the lovley bad ones, the candy makers, lisening for lions, wendy mass books, hunger games, thirteen treasures, any mary downing hahn books. i think thats about it. (p.s.after you read hunger games if you do the movie is good too!!!!!) :)

new

Wed May 09, 2012 1:49 am
i book i totaly agree on and probably a lot of kids agree on is the Hunger Games. Really good book i heard that the movie is suppose to be really good.Or a good searies of books are the ALEX RIDER searies. i personaly think that Point Blank was the best book i've ever read.

new

Wed May 09, 2012 1:52 am
hey its me again detectingpsyched3 PLEZ ADD ME AS A FRIEND

new

Thu May 10, 2012 11:29 pm
I like a lot of books here are some suggetstions: 1. The Word Eater* 2. The Clockworth Three 3. When you reach me 4. Girls acting Catty 5. The series of unfortuante events *= Easy for a 12 year old

new

Fri May 11, 2012 2:42 am
Seekers and Warriors I think the books are neat (I have not read all the books) Seekers is bears Warriors is cats not that realistic, but it is not fantasy as in dragons. hope it helps! by the way i'm 12 as well. HAPPY READING!

new

Fri May 11, 2012 10:03 pm
Hello, I think yhat you should read The Missing series. Its by Margaret Peterson Haddix. Its amazing, and I should know, because beleive it or not, im a writer

new

Sun May 13, 2012 2:46 am
I have an idea try Warriors and Seekers by Erin Hunter. Sorry if I posted this request twice I have not seen the first one yet. Hope you like the world of the Warriors and the world of the Seekers!

new

Fri May 18, 2012 4:33 pm
Hey I'm 11 and I think you should read The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas, Hunger Games (they are so awesome!!!), Anything by Mary Downing Hahn, The Great Wide Sea, The Romeo and Juliet Code, and My life in Pink and Green. I love all these books!!! Hope you try them!!! Peace Out :)

new

Sat May 19, 2012 1:35 pm
I am thirteen years old and I've been looking for age-appropriate books. I've read Harry Potter and The Baby Sitters Club. You could try reading Middle School Survival or Beacon Street Girls. I hope this is useful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ----Cooleyes3 or Roxy

visitor

Mon May 21, 2012 12:21 am
I am almost thirteen and read at above-college levels but by the look of it I think you might like The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel it is a series by Micheal Scott It is about a lets say Infamous alchemist who after living in San Fran Meets the so called twins of legend which were written about in the book of Abraham the Mage and thus is forced to leave his home because a notorious magician who performed in Queen Elizabeths court had found him and saw that he had the twins. Sophie and Josh (the twins ) are forced to go with him because they too are in danger because of the evil magician named Dee.might sound a bit far fetched but i think that with a little concentration anyone could read it

new

Tue May 22, 2012 12:24 am
Alright so there are a lot and I mean A LOT of good books out there, but here are a couple that are my personal favs! The Hunger Games series Matched, and Crossed (Matched first) The Secret series and finally The Underneath ; ) Good luck

Re: any kool ideas for kool crafts
new

Wed May 23, 2012 10:08 pm
help me out im so bored know any kool crafts........................... thanks spiderwings4 or Holli out

visitor

Wed May 23, 2012 11:16 pm
The frog princess book by E.D Baker, modern twist on a fairy tale. Or maybe the Sisters Grimm. Or N.E.R.D.S, or Once upon a Marigold. I'll keep you posted

Thu May 24, 2012 2:45 am
hi, i'm 10 years old. i read at a 6 grade level even though i'm in the 4 grade. i don't know about you but i like this old series called the series of unfortunate events. well since you don't like old books, it's probably boring or something to you. well it is about these three kids that once lived a happy life with rich parents. they went to beach everyday. one day their parents died in a fire and that's when the other sad stuff comes. there are 13 books. i always finish them in just 2 days 'cause their really interesting. i sometimes just get lost in the book like i'm there in the story because it's so exciting but also sad. the sadness is what makes it a good series of books.

[ 59 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team