General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 9 posts ] Average score:  
 Anybody remember me?
contributor

Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:11 am

Hi guys! It has been more than three years since I last posted here. I joined the stacks when I was 11, and I'm 17 now. I very highly doubt any of you even passively remember me, but from scrolling through the first few pages of posts I think some of my old friends have stuck around; to them I say hi! 

I was getting all nostalgic yesterday for some reason or another when I got to thinking about this website, and how much I honestly owe to it. When I joined I was a little 11 year old (I'd have been a first year at hogwarts! So tiny! I'd be a seventh year now, which scares me more than I'd like to admit.) who was desperate to fit in, and was hanging with a crowd I didn't even like very much and pretending very hard to be "cool," but when I came on here it was okay that I liked to read and that I was a little nerdy, and I could see that there were other people like me. It was my first step towards being the person I actually wanted to be, and the person that I think I am today. Not to mention it was my first exposure to fanfiction, which was clearly monumentous. 

I just thought that I'd log in one more time to thank those of you who were around when I was for making it an amazing environment that genuinely changed my life. I do not know where I would be if i had not started down the path that this website set me on, but I don't think I would be as happy or self assured as I am, and for that I'll always be grateful. This website will always hold a place in my heart. Who knows, maybe I'll even start coming on more often again.

It also makes me very much want to reread the Harry Potter books. It has been far too long since I have.

Lots of love to all of you,

Rae!

Re: Anybody remember me?
frequent_vsitor

Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Ahhh! iheartsealions! Hi, I remember you! I haven't posted on these boards in over a year, and I've been feeling so much nostalgia for the STACKS lately. Tbh I think the last time I posted on any board was during my freshman year, and I don't think I even came on here for any of my sophomore year. I'm now a junior, and I'm turning 17 in a month 0.0 On this very depressing snow day for me, I was planning to just search for old posts and cry from the memories, but now I feel that I should put in my own two cents as well, because I had a very similar experience to yours. I hope you don't mind that I'm hijacking this post...

The time that I spent on the STACKS was incredible. I joined for The 39 Clues and stayed for HP and THG. It was the first time I had ever become active in fandoms - I connected with other people who loved the same books as me, took part in RPs, wrote fanfics and even shared some of my parodies that I never shared with anyone IRL (btw yeah you guys are still the only people who saw those HP/musical theatre parodies lol. if anyone even remembers them. and btw my theatre thing is still going strong if you're wondering haha). If I hadn't joined the STACKS that one fateful day during the summer before 7th grade, I wouldn't have become the nerd that I am today and I definitely would not have felt comfortable expressing my nerdiness IRL. Over the years, I made so many good friends here and I hope that people remember me/are still on here. The STACKS was my home for so long. Thank you all for making it such a wonderful place for me. I hope to come on every now and then just to check up on things too! 

And now for a blast from the past, I just found my favorite sig that I ever used. Elphie I'm still obsessed with this like 2-3 years later lol

.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. 
"You've gotta danclike there's nobody watching,
love like you'll never be hurt,
sing like there's nobody listening,
and livlike it's heaven on earth."
-William W. Purkey
"Withoumusic,
life would be a mistake."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols
.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
.Jadedragon49.

regular_contributor

Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:50 pm

Hello again! (I also commented on your message on the Buzz board)

I hope you stay though! :D But as you wish... :P And I agree with what you said! The STACKS really helped me grow confidence, both socially and in my skills, and be more outgoing. I really owe a lot to this website lol :P

new

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:26 pm

yes i remember you

new

Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:08 am

Ahhhh Rae and Jadedragon49, neither of you probably remember me, but I totally remember both of you! :grin: It would be wonderful if you guys stayed -- I miss so many people who used to be on here! (Though to be fair, I don't post awfully frequently anymore either...) And I agree with what you've all been saying; I definitely gained confidence on the STACKS, and made some really wonderful friends! <3 *hugs you all*

~Songbird49

frequent_vsitor

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:50 pm

songbird49! Hello! I'm so sorry that I didn't respond to your post, I realize that you added that message two months ago but I hope it's not too late! I totally remember you! Hope to see you around more, again :) *hugs back*

regular_contributor

Sun May 01, 2016 8:16 pm

I don't know you. I'm Carly, by the way. What's your name?

new

Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:06 pm

THAT MEANS YOU'RE A HOGWARTS GRADUATE NOW! also...hi, I'm Emerald. I came to the Stacks in May. I'm a Hufflepuff going into my second year.

new

Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:08 pm

I'm obviously a Slytherin third year.  I'm really disappointed. The other houses usually stay away from Slytherins, even though I'm pretty nice some days. :( It's just awful, mainly because most of the Slytherins are bullies.

-Dragoncrown485

[ 9 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team