Stack Back

Announcements

Hello, all! I’m your moderator, Jennifer, and I’m super-excited to welcome you to the Stack Back Board! You can use this board to post feedback about The Stacks. Before you get started there are some rules you should know about.

When you post a message please DO NOT:

1) Use your last name, or anyone else’s

2) Tell anyone what city you live in

3) Mention the day or year you were born

4) Be mean or rude

5) Post your email address or links to other websites

6) Send attachments or pictures

7) Provide your user name(s) for other accounts such as instant messenger or non-Scholastic message boards

Thanks! These rules keep our message board safe and friendly for everyone. Now it’s to time to share your opinions!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 Aww.. Is the Stack Back dead?
new

Sun May 29, 2016 4:43 am

Strange posts, constant welcoming of people who only post once, a post bumped here from a year ago... I think the Stack Back's dead.

Where's our old friends? Where's the long posts? Where's the good times? I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but what happened..?

Re: Aww.. Is the Stack Back dead?

Sun May 29, 2016 3:57 pm

Thanks for sharing your opinion, catgymnastics173! smiley

I think when the Stacks website was new, kids had more questions about how to use the site and the message boards. They often posted those questions on the Stack Back Board. Now new users can go on the board and find old threads that answer those questions.

Also, when the copy editor stopped working properly, kids got creative, and started using HTML to create unique signatures with fancy fonts and special effects.  Kids posted lots and lots of signatures for themselves and others back then. Since the copy editor was fixed, that coding no longer works.

It has yet to be decided whether the Stack Back Board will take a new direction. The decision isn't mine to make, and I can't make any promises whatsoever, but you are welcome to make suggestions about what you think might be cool to see. Then I can pass that info on to my manager in my weekly report. You are also welcome to simply post messages that you think might grab other users' interest (as long as they follow the message board rules, are original material and are kid appropriate.) yes

One of the nice things about the Stack Back Board is that here you can discuss any topic you like, rather than being limited to the topic of the board--as long as it follows the rules and is appropriate. cool

Re: Aww.. Is the Stack Back dead?
new

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:27 pm

Hello. I am new, but I know how the site works, And Catgymnastics173, I would love to do a roleplay with you sometime. Those are my FAVES.

-Dragoncrown485

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team