Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 Benedict Arnold: Friend or Enemy?
N/A

Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:08 pm
  This was a paper I had to do for class! So, I thought that I should post it for you! Here it is!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A brilliant soldier turned into a traitor. He won battles in the Revolutionary War, but he turned away from his beloved country. This was the life of Benedict Arnold, who was born on January 14, 1741, and died on June 14, 1801. The importance of deciding whether he was a hero or a villain is crucial, and by examining the details of his entire life, one can decide for themselves whether he was a hero or a villain.
 Some people may say that Benedict Arnold was a villain. Benedict Arnold betrayed his country. He had lived in America and fought in the war. He talked with the enemy, Britain, and abandoned his own country. He also had a reputation of mistrust and betrayal. After having abandoned America, some of the British were frightened that Arnold would abandon them, too. His credibility was ruined. Besides being a traitor, Benedict Arnold was also immoral. When he lived in America, he used the army’s resources for himself. Then, when he was in Britain, he didn’t pay back his debt, even when he died.
 Some others may say that Benedict Arnold was a hero, and they do have a few good reasons. Benedict Arnold was a courageous soldier. Though he had major injuries, he continued fighting in the war. He took many risks throughout his life, such as continuing his battles while injured. He was also very loyal. Some examples are how he won many battles for his country by joining the army. Benedict Arnold was a good soldier. He was promoted throughout his life in the army.
 Now that one has looked through this information, one can decide whether Benedict Arnold was a hero or a villain. I believe that Benedict Arnold is a villain. Throughout his life, he was immoral and mistrusted, and he betrayed America. He may have been courageous and a good soldier, but his pros don’t outweigh his cons. Therefore, I believe that Benedict Arnold is a villain.

Re: Benedict Arnold: Friend or Enemy?
regular_contributor

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:06 pm
Thats was great TheLooker23. I really liked it. Also, I was watching a show called Decoded, and it was about the first spy agency in America. Hmmm, I think I just felt a lightbulb click on in my head. I think I will write something about this agency. You should see it coming up soon

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team