General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 6 posts ] Average score:  
 big news!
regular_contributor

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:14 pm
my school drame teacher read some of my play, in memory and he loved it. Ok, so what? Well, he wants to use it for the spring play at my school and wants me to help dirrect it! I'll get to pick the kids who will be in it, i'll have complete authority over costumes, ticket sales, everything! I told him that I didn't write it all myself and he offered to let my friends not only help, but he'll give them all a great letter of recomendation for college! You should have seen k. She was screaming over the phone and jumping up and down when I came over. I don't think she's ever been so excited. A. was like, eh, ok, because she can get kind of shy, and she only knows a., s. and c. at the art school and she turns pale when you even mention public speaking. I'm sure she's excited, but she's nervous. I told her we wouldn't do it if we didn't all want to, but k. was really pressuring her about it, saying about how this could make her famous and she wants to get into a good school and this letter will do it. It would be fun. I've never really got involved with a play, but k. has several times. She wants to be a script writer and has a flair for eccentric characters. I've painter scenery but nothing super duper important.  He told me yesterdaty. He called me into the principals office and my first thought was on god what did i do now?! and the principal was smiling and i'm like, ok this can't be too bad, but don't get too confident. It's like in a video game when they give lots of lives in a level: you know something bad is going to happen, but no, he asked me if I had any after school activites or plans and I said, no, I didn't, just art club everyother thursday and he said well, you do now and he told me they both read my play and loved it! and it's going to be the spring play!

Message Edited by Write_It_Moderator on 01-17-2011 06:06 PM

Re: big news!
frequent_contributor

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:20 pm
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!! Well, you deserved it. It was a great play. But how is anybody going to fake throwing up? Or the scene when Scar is lying in the bathtub and the lady comes in? Some stuff might need a little change...

frequent_contributor

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:21 pm
That's so great! Congrats! :D I got to write and direct a one act play last December and it was SO much fun! You're going to have a great time with it!!!! :D

~Cavy

You are the only exception.

new

Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:12 pm
can i be in the play 2 please if not ok....

new

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:19 pm
OMG! Good 4 u!

new

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:18 am
good for you guys and rock some acting play,yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ 6 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team