General Discussion

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 *Blinks Incredulously* (Update...?)

Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:39 am

Our text posts. They look normal again.

That must mean...

In any case, it's lovely to see some paragraphs again.  Walls of text aren't lovely for the eyes.  It's lovely to see Write It again, in general.  I've been gone for a super long time and that makes me sad.  Because Write It really is an awesome place and I've lost contact with a lot of friends from here.

I wish I could post some of my work, but my most recent stuff involves things that aren't board-appropriate. (Violence, the dreaded g-word, some language.)  It's also pretty darn awful, so there's that. 

Starting high school also revealed a lot about what I want to do when I get older.  A really awesome teacher helped me realize that I was making a lot of excuses for myself and that I was saying, "I'm terrible at science," when it wasn't true.  I came to realize that I wanted to go into a branch of the medical field (it's a complicated explanation of what exactly I want to do) and that all the labels I was making for myself were made out of fear.  So I'm pretty sure that I don't want to be a full-time writer, though I always want to write. It's my outlet and something I love to do.  In fact, the profession I want can involve a lot of writing, if you want it to.  Which I do.

In any case, I'm hoping to be more active on the boards now.  Not being on here makes me sad and I'm crossing my fingers that more of the old regulars come back.

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team