Fan Fiction

Announcements

Join the Cast!
We need your help to keep this board buzzing with creativity! Pitch in and help write a story set in the world of a book or series that you love. Just pick a role to play and break a leg. Who knows? This could lead to fame and fortune!

FOUR EASY STEPS TO STARDOM:
1: Read any thread below. (If there aren't any, submit your own — you could be the first to post!) That's the story so far. At the end of each mini-chapter, the author tells you which character goes next.
2: YOUR TURN!! Create/copy/refine your character's profile, update the story setting, continue the story action, then pass it on to the next character.
3: Check back every day to see how the story continues.
4: Go to #2 above (try a new character on for size!). Rinse and repeat.

When does the story end? It ends when the moderator adds a comment to a mini-chapter saying "END IT!"

Wanna start your OWN story? Cut and paste the profile below and start a new thread!

CHARACTER PROFILE (copy and paste to start your own story!):
My Character: Make this up, or use an existing character from a book.
Character Age: Ditto.
Setup: Who is this character and why is he/she here?
Description: What does your character look like right now? This can change throughout the story, if your character suddenly falls into a mud puddle or is splashed with purple paint. Stuff happens, right?
Mood: This can change every minute, as we all know.
Faves: Help us get to know the character with a list of loves.
Detests: Tells us some stuff your character CANNOT STAND.
Story Setting: Where are we right now?
Action!: Here we go — what's happening? Don't forget dialogue!
YOUR TURN, X!: (Pass the story over to another character.)
   [ 41 posts ] Average score:  
 Board FAQs: Please read!

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:15 pm

FAQs - Join the Cast

Thanks to Amanda, moderator of the Harry Potter board, for most of this info! Also thanks to the members of the boards for giving me questions to use.

Welcome to the board! If you have a question, please check here first before asking the moderator or any of the other members. If your question isn’t here, then ask. If your question is here, I will most likely ignore your message or point you to this post. Now that there are so many people around, it seems like a waste of everyone’s time for me and other veteran users to answer the same questions over and over.

How Do I Participate?

FOUR EASY STEPS TO STARDOM:
1: Read any thread below. (If there aren't any, submit your own — you could be the first to post!) That's the story so far. At the end of each mini-chapter, the author tells you which character goes next.
2: YOUR TURN!! Create/copy/refine your character's profile, update the story setting, continue the story action, then pass it on to the next character.
3: Check back every day to see how the story continues (the moderator will pick a different author from the submissions each day).
4: Go to #2 above (try a new character on for size!). Rinse and repeat.

When does the story end? It ends when the moderator adds a comment to a mini-chapter saying "END IT!"

Wanna start your OWN story? Cut and paste the profile below and start a new thread!

CHARACTER PROFILE (copy and paste to start your own story!):
My Character: Make this up, or use an existing character from a book.
Character Age: Ditto.
Setup: Who is this character and why is he/she here?
Description: What does your character look like right now? This can change throughout the story, if your character suddenly falls into a mud puddle or is splashed with purple paint. Stuff happens, right?
Mood: This can change every minute, as we all know.
Faves: Help us get to know the character with a list of loves.
Detests: Tells us some stuff your character CANNOT STAND.
Story Setting: Where are we right now?
Action!: Here we go — what's happening? Don't forget dialogue!
YOUR TURN, X!: (Pass the story over to another character.)

How do I start a new board?
You can’t.

How do I start a new thread?
If you want to start a new thread, all you have to do is be on the 'board' and click the "new message" button on the left side of the screen, above where all the messages.

How do you get promoted to a higher rank?
The rank is based on a combination of posts, views, logins and minutes online. You have to meet the requirements for each category before you are promoted to the next level. Here are the levels:

New to the Community
Rookie Visitor
Visitor
Regular visitor
Frequent Visitor
Contributor
Regular Contributor
Frequent contributor
Superior contributor
Community leader--this one is super hard to get to because you have to have a message rating of 4!

How do you change the font color and style on here?
Go to 'graphical editor' to the right of the 'submit post' button.
Note: I think ‘graphical editor’ only shows up if you are using Internet Explorer as your web browser.

For smileys, you can also use the graphical editor. Or, you can do these shortcuts, just delete the space in between:
: )
: (
; )

How do I make hearts and other symbols?
It doesn't work on some computers, but you can try to press the alt key plus any number between 1 and 100.

How do I reply to one particular post?
Click on 'Reply' which is written above the screen-name of the person's post, and then click on the bubble icon in the editing toolbar.

Why don't people reply to my messages?
People will start replying. Don't worry; it takes a bit time sometimes. Try and post something which is new and interesting.

Why did my message get deleted?
The moderator probably deleted it because it had too much violence, swearing, or belonged on a different board. Or, your message had your middle, last name, your school name, email address, any other web site addresses, or any other information that may be too personal. Please do not ever post personal information on ANY web site without your parents’ permission. It is very, very dangerous!

Why do I have I more posts than I have posted?
You have probably used someone else’s screen name. Please pick a new screen name and see if that has any posts.

How you change a screen name and how do you delete one?
You can’t really do either, just start a new account and ignore the old one.

Can we post pictures?
Plain and simple, no. This helps keep us safe.

Can I start a _______ club?
Yes, even though it might not work out, you don't need the moderator's permission to start a club.

How do I change my icon?
Go to the link at the very top of the page that says "my icon"--click on it and it’ll give you a whole bunch of options.

“Why can’t I see my message??”/ “Why can’t I see replies to my thread?”
You can’t see your messages because the moderator hasn’t approved them. Every person’s message is submitted and then the moderator has to read it, and approve it.

You cannot see any replies to your message if the moderator hasn’t approved those messages.

As a courtesy, please do not ask about your message until 48 hours after you posted it. Then, you can send a message with a link to your post and I will see what happened. I’m really sorry because I know everyone is excited to see their messages, but there are a lot of you and I’m trying my best.

"How do I send a link"?
If you want to ask me about a post of yours--why it isn't approved or why you can't see the replies, etc. please send me a link. This is how to send a link to your message:
go to the page where your message is. Copy the URL (for example: http://community.scholastic.com/scholastic/board/)
then, go to my questions/comments thread and create a message--paste the link into the message.

"Can we have passwords?"
I know it can be annoying when people log into your username, but it's really easy for me to go back and delete posts that you haven't done. So, just let me know. We’re working on getting passwords set up and I hope soon. Unfortunately, it takes some time so it's just another one of those things that I have to ask you to be patient about.

How to report an abusive message
If you see an abusive message or if you see a message that you didn't write, here is how to report it to me:
see the red bar that is above each post? Click on the button that says "options." scroll down and choose report abuse to moderator. Then a pop up shows up and you can add a comment. Please tell me why you think the message should be deleted. Then click "notify moderator" button.

"How can I edit my profile?"
You can't edit your profile because you really aren't allowed to share much personal info on these boards. It's really important to us that these boards remain safe for everyone!

Thanks everyone! Enjoy the boards!

Message Edited by Buzz_Moderator on 07-16-2007 01:19 PM

Re: Board FAQs: Please read!
new

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:21 pm

how do you make a blog?

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:43 pm

@icepink10:

There is no official "Blog" format on this message board.  Some kids write a blog the same way they would post a new thread.

-Elise

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:37 am

I replied to a thread awhile back and I want to go back and read it but i can't find it. i know exactly where it should be but it's no where!!

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:29 pm

@purpleartemis25:

Yes, finding a specific message on the boards right now isn't exactly easy.  What was the title of the thread?  Did you try to enter it into the search bar?

-Elise

regular_contributor

Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:37 pm

uh, Elise, even though I've ben on here a while, ONE thing still confuses me: the whole "community leader" thing. Why do you have to get a message ranking of FOUR in order to be community leader?

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:36 pm

@technologygirl:

I don't think I know the answer to that since nobody has achieved "Community Leader."

Sorry!  :(

-Elise

regular_visitor

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:49 am

Thank you informing melaugh

new

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:24 pm
i loved it hope you can be one of my friend's bye!!!!!smiley

new

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:21 pm

In one of the following questions above I noticed that it was assured that users can start a club although I'm not exactly sure how to... Can you please explain to me how you can start clubs?

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:12 pm

@ artisticbutterfly:

Click on "New Message," and write a message about your club.  Kids will reply to your message to join your club.  :-)

-Elise

new

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:47 pm

I've made more than one new tread on this forum and is still has not appeared.  I'm not sure if they have been approved yet but they are not showing up on any of the pages or even in the search... Could you please approve of them or fix the problem for me? Thanks! :)

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:04 pm

I've have been trying to make a signature for 3 months already and it still won't let me post I can't even post a heart! With hopes that can be fixed 

~Alyssa

new

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:32 pm
@cheerfulathena67: I'm not a moderator, and I'm not pretending to be one, but this is one way that you can kinda make a heart. If you look on your keyboard at the comma key, there's an arrow that looks like this: <. If you press shift, and then hit the comma key, you can get the arrow. Then you hit a 3, and you make a heart that looks like this: <3 It's not the best but it's a texting-style heart so that way you can make it. I hope that those were easy instructions to read. :) have a good day.

new

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:34 pm
I have a question: When I was reading this, I noticed one of them had a question about making a signature or a complaint. Is it okay if you answer those questions to help them? Because I just sent an answer to her on how to make a heart a few minutes ago, and I'm hoping that it will be approved. I stated in it that I'm not a moderator and that I'm not trying to be one, so I hope that's okay. Is it?

administrator

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:09 pm
Hi wolffrost14! Yes, this is a community so please feel free to help out and answer other members' questions. Thank you!

Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:12 am
Thanks wolffrrost :D <3 :wink: Thanks :smile:

Board FAQs: Please read!
new

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:54 am
I REALLY LIKE YOUR RULES. I ALWAYS FOLLOW THEM. FROM, dreamtimepink9

new

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:47 pm
where is the graphical editor button?

new

Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:48 pm
I cant find the graphical Editor button!

new

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:00 pm
The graphical editor button is only on the internet explorer. I'm not a moderator,but to those of you who asks where that button is here is the info on it.=)

new

Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:16 am
@everyone who was wondering:THE GRAPHICAL EDITOR IS NOT HERE!!!it disappeared in april,it would have been on the post,on top. I was here for a little while before it disappeared, it worked..until the day*shiver* lol,I forget the day it stopped,I didn't even notice

°✺BrainyAthena30✺°
"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich."~Spongebob Squarepants

new

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:59 am
CAN THEY FIX THEM. I REALLY MISS MY PINK TEXT. FROM, dreamtimepink9

new

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:19 am
@dreamtimepink:you can still post in pink if you use html :P lalsggbvbgegb see :D

new

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:22 pm
@cheerfulathena:just copy and paste this heart ♥

new

Wed May 29, 2013 3:24 pm
hi whats up how are you

new

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:51 pm
is there a special account for this (I mean different than the STACKS?) If so, how do I create one??

new

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:42 pm
This is stupid but what is 39 clues and how do you go to it??

new

Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:53 pm
in need a pen pal + a gf age 12 im 16 arrivingblack135 wright me back

new

Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:43 am
ok

regular_contributor

Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:51 pm
Jessica, how many minutes do I need to be a Frequent Contributor?

new

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:51 pm
Can I make my own page

new

Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:45 pm
My Character: catness Character Age:9 Setup:she was here because she was horseback riding Description: wet and muddy because she was helping a hurt horse when it was pouring rain. Mood: sad because there is a hurt horse. Faves: horses,dogs, horseback riding. Detests: seeing hurt dogs or horses. Story Setting:grand canyon Action!: catness is helping a hurt horse in the grand canyon.

new

Thu May 29, 2014 10:25 pm

frownI'm still trying to figure out how to search and add your school friends on this thing?

new

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:30 am

How do i get to know if my message has been approved or not???

Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:50 pm

Hi-

Usually I can approve messages within 24 hours, but I'd say 24-48 to be safe. You know, I'm not quite sure how YOU can see if it's approved from your end. Maybe someone else can tell us. Of course you'll know it's approved if someone replies! ;)

new

Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Many of my posts are waiting for your approval.

I don't even remember how many!!!

sadfrownblush

new

Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi,

Can we create a read only thread???

Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:32 pm

Hmmm... I'm not sure if you can. I know I can but am not sure if you can...

Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Not my boards! I'm up to date. May be another moderator's board. Which one?

new

Thu May 12, 2016 8:16 pm

how do you guys edit our posts?.....do you (somehow) know our passwords....... blush aslo, you know how you make another line? kinda like this is the second line of my reply? well, everytime i push enter, it won't make  another line. plz reply.                ~Keep calm and Akward hugs~

[ 41 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team