General Discussion

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  
 book idea: little miss living up stairs

Fri May 23, 2014 4:02 pm

This book wasn't really my idea, it was my best friends. ok, so in school i just learned about Marquis de Lafayette, a revolutionary  patriot of america, [ he was french] and when he came to america, the inn owner of the place he stayed never gave away Lafayette's real name. so my friend got the idea to have the story off a little girl, Sarah Mortier, who is living up stairs of a   newspaper publisher. Her brother is recruited for the british army, and she is left alone with her ill mother. i dont know if i should write this story. tell me if you think i should.

if you didn't get this, the time set of this is the revolutionary war.

Re: book idea: little miss living up stairs

Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:59 pm

Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:58 am

Sounds good to me! smiley

Unofficial Adult Advisor for Write It!

Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:26 am

Sounds like a great idea.  :)  Just make sure you do your research.  Often what you learned in school isn't enough information to write a book from.

Good luck!

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team