Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 Book Review-Lord Of The Rings by Tolkien
visitor

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:05 pm
Book: Lord of The Rings
Authour: Tolkien
# of Pages: I don’t know, I didn’t finish it

Many who appriciate eposodic classics that have tradgedies, go into great detail about useless information, and loses the plot frequently, will love this book (or these books rather). I, for one did not. I was lost when Tolkien went on to describe things that were briefly introduced-like where someone was from, for example. The place had absolutly nothing to do with the story, but he told us all about it! Though I do respect Tolkien for being the founder of his genre and all, I donot like the style of writing. Avoid the books, if possible. The movie, on the other hand, was great. Though long (like Tolkien’s books), I was thoroughly sastisfied at the end.
Book-??
Movie-????????????

P.S. With my being extremly opinionated, I love a good debate. If you disagree with anything I say, comment! Try to persuade me to change my mind, and I shall try to persuade you!
~Jessie Sourire~
P.P.S. Jessie Sourire is not my real name- It is french for Jessie smiles (or Smile Jessie). I chose this pen name in honor of my friend back in 6th grade and have used it ever since.

Re: Book Review-Lord Of The Rings by Tolkien
frequent_contributor

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:31 pm
Yeah, I agree. I tried 3 or 4 times to read it, and finally finished it once I'd seen the movie. But I think Tolkein did have some issues with talking way too much.
Music is love in search of a Word.
Kira

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team