Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 8 posts ] Average score:  
 Book Review of So B. It by: Sarah Weeks

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:31 pm

Bri

March 1, 2010

So B. It by: Sarah Weeks

ISBN-10: 0-06-441047-1

ISBN-13:978-0-06-441047-2

The word “soof” is what this book is all about.  Heidi is a twelve year old girl who knows nothing about her mentally disabled mother and her past.  Heidi tries to live a regular life, until the word “soof” from her mother’s vocabulary begins to haunt her.  Heidi sets out on a cross-country journey, to find the puzzling pieces of her families past.  The genre of this book is realistic fiction.  

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to read about adventure and family with a fictional twist.  I think that this plot was unbelievable because it had many twists and turns in the story.  I feel that I connected with Heidi because she traveled to Liberty, New York by herself and I would love to do the same.

Re: Book Review of So B. It by: Sarah Weeks
regular_contributor

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:34 pm
OMgosh! I love this book! :) It was kinda sad though...but REALLY good! Great book review, by the way. If I hadn't already read it, I'd be running to the library right now because your words are just so darn convincing! :) Keep writing!

~ Allie

"Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not." ~ George Bernard Shaw

Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:54 pm
OMG! This book is sooooooooooooooo awesome! I seriously read it like 10000 times!:smileyvery-happy:

visitor

Sun May 30, 2010 12:45 pm
i was reading it but the librarian made me turn it in because it was the end of the year but it is one great book

regular_visitor

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:10 am
Oh, I loved this book! But it was kind of sad for Heidi.... My older sister made me read this book, and I'm like, whatever. But I read it, and it is so good! I really wish Sarah Weeks could make a sequel to So B. It.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:50 am
OMG!! THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!! I ALMOST CRIED DURING SOME PARTS!! I WAS DEVASTATED WHEN I GOT FINISHED WITH IT!!:womansad:

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:00 am
This book is literally THE BEST BOOK EVER!!! :smileyhappy:

new

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:26 am
I read this book and absolutely loved it. If you liked So B. It, try reading As Simple As It Seems by Sarah Weeks as well. -Abby I s u p p o r t the ★★★BE NICE MOVEMENT!★★★ C o p y and p a s t e this to your s i g n o f f to show your s u p p o r t. I love animals reading writing ice skating and skiing! My motto: "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

[ 8 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team