Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 Book Review of The Goddess Test by
frequent_vsitor

Thu May 19, 2011 6:44 pm
I don't really write book reviews, so can I get some tips on how to improve.

When I found out about The Goddess Test online I knew I had to read it. Kate's been living life on pause for the past four years because her mother is dying so to satisfy her dying wish she moves to her mom's home town of Eden, Michigan. Then Henry turns up and claims to be Hades.  They soon strike a bargain which is: Kate stays with Henry for six months while taking seven tests which will allow her mother's life to be prolonged. Unfortunately, ever girl who tries to take these seven tests have died, so will Kate be the next victim.

I really enjoyed this novel and I really got sucked into it. The prologue is confusing, but if you're willing to read the book to the end all the pieces start to click. Kate and Henry are interesting characters and I like how Greek mythology is woven into the story. If you're looking for the myths being mirrored though you won't find it in this book. It stretches the myth of Persephone, but it is a satisfying book with a sequel called Goddess Interrupted.

Re: Book Review of The Goddess Test by
frequent_contributor

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:28 pm
Oh yeah, I read that book. It was good. Adult, but good.
Music is love in search of a Word.
Kira

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team