Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 Book Review: The Green Glass Sea (by Ellen Klages)
frequent_contributor

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:40 pm

I think that The Green Glass Sea was an excellent book. With enough facts and enough drama, it is my favorite Historical Fiction book. The book takes place mainly is Los Alamos, New Mexico, in a place called "The Hill". During World War II, Dewey Kerrigan is sent there to live with her father, who was working on "The Gadget".

She soon meets Suze Gorman, a girl her age. They soon bond together. Their friendship expands at the end of the book, and in the sequel, White Sands, Red Menace.

The book sucked me in, and made me feel like I really lived in 1945. I was crying at some parts, and laughing my head off at others. If you truly want to experience a great book, read The Green Glass Sea, by Ellen Klages.  

Re: Book Review: The Green Glass Sea (by Ellen Klages)
regular_contributor

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:38 pm
Oh, I love when a book does that.
It makes you feel as if you're part of the story.
Too bad I'm not a historical fiction person.
Great review, probably great book!

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team