Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 Book Review: The Outsiders

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:55 pm
I recently read a book titled: "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton. It's a marvelous novel for 6th grade up due to mild language and violence. It caught my attention right away, "As I stepped out into the bright sunlight I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman, and a ride home." Before I read a new novel I read the first and last sentences of the book. And in this case, both were the same. I'm not a book spoiler, so you'll just have to read it. But let's just say it's "love at first sight." Over and out ~lightningcapital1

Re: Book Review: The Outsiders

Wed May 16, 2012 2:24 am
I also recently read The Outsiders. I happened to dislike it. It was too gory in some spots, and way too emotional. It also didn't fit my taste in books. It was way too short, with only 12 chapters, each about 8 pages. Although i love historical fiction, this book just didn't appeal to me. The beginning caught my attention, but at one of the main events, i just began to hate it. The violence didnt faze me; i've seen the hunger games and read the trilogy. I just didnt like The Outsiders.

Re: Book Review: The Outsiders

Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:36 pm
I personally love this book. I read it all the way through last night. *SPOILER* I cried when Johnny and Dallas died. Johnny had such a hard life (so did Dally, but I haven't gotten there yet), and his actions with Bob... he was scared. He shouldn't have done that, but he was scared. It's too bad Dally died before Ponyboy read that letter from Johnny. Johnny wanted Ponyboy to teach Dally that there was still good in the world. *SPOILER ENDS* Anyway, aside from the depressing stuff. I loved that the book ended with Ponyboy speaking out for kids in his position. I also cried when Ponyboy made up with Darry. That was so sweet. I also think "Stay gold, Ponyboy" might become my new signoff after the glitch.

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team