Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 Book Review- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
visitor

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:59 pm
I have read alot of books in my short lifetime- many of them enticing, some of them wretched. After reading a notabaly plebeian book (which I shall not name), I decided to do these book reviews. Not all of the books I reveiw will get high praises because I want to ward you away from books I believe are detestable. So here we go!

Book: Uglies
Author: Scott Westerfeld
# of Pages: 425

I particularly liked not only this book, but this series! It starts off when a juvinile named Tally tries to sneak out of “Uglyville” to reach “New Pretty Town” to see the friend who left her behind. I don’t want to give away too much, in hopes that you read the series, but I will continue and divulge a little more. Part of what makes this series so invigorating is the setting- centuries after us “rusties” die off mysteriously. Names like Shay, Zane, and Tally are popular while the name David is considered strange! This book is full of action, adventure, green-clean power, mystery, and a dash of romance.
?????

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team