General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 6 posts ] Average score:  
 CALLING AL SLEUTHS, LAYTONS, AND PUZZLERS!! Riddle Thread!!

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:06 am
Okay, since I am a HUUGE mystery and riddle fan, I created a riddle thread! Hooray! :icon confetti: So, here's how it'll work: ~I'll post a riddle to get this party started. Anyone can guess the anwser, but only one will be deemed correct! ~Whoever guesses my correct anwser will either: a) post a riddle, or b) pass it on to the person who posted last. ~If no one gets the riddle, then the last person who posted creates the riddle, or passes their curmudgeon torch to the person who posted before them. ~As long as you're not the Riddler (look at me with my Batman references~), you can guess the anwser! I'll stick with a traditional style of riddle for now, but it can be anything you very well want it to be. ~And please, guys, no internet cheating, and nothing from a really well-read book, okay? Those are simply giveaways. So, without further adieu: ~After a few months of multiplication and division, I wait here, mostly alone, waited to be added. What, pray tell, am I?

Re: CALLING ALL SLEUTHS, LAYTONS, AND PUZZLERS!! Riddle Thre

Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:15 am
... *All. -sigh- It's been so long, I can't even remember my own riddle. i suppose I'll have to guess along with you guys, too. Or perhaps any forum games/ threads in general that I try to start are ignored? I'll have to work on thta whole "being noticed" thing, I guess... ~Taro-chan

Re: CALLING AL SLEUTHS, LAYTONS, AND PUZZLERS!! Riddle Threa

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:20 am
Okay, okay I've got this under control... New riddle, ignore the old one. I have a certain number of pearls in a bag. I ask a traveler to choose a number, and that traveler can get that number of pearls. The catch, however, is that you can't simply choose ANY number. The number has to be 500 or less, and evenly divisible by 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. You and another we're travelling together. You partner chooses the wrong number- divisible by only 2 through 6. You, however, are determined to get it right. What number will you choose? (Bonus points if you can tell me your partner's number. And yes, you can use a calculator.) And guys, seriously. We can't have forum games if nobody even TRIES to participate. I'm not staring at a thread 47 times, so obviously there's other people out there. Participate! If it's more of an incentive, then I'll continue posting riddles and the winner gets to post a link to a story that they want feedback for. Better? Try your hand at the puzzle above. I have the answer, so try your best- it's definitely possible.

new

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:13 pm
you guess 420. your partner guesses 60.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:36 am
Ah, man, close! 420 is divisible by 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7. Not by four. Nice job with the last one, though! Hint or answer?

new

Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:12 pm
420 is divisible by 4 4 goes into 4 and 20 duh!

[ 6 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team