Fan Fiction

Announcements

Join the Cast!
We need your help to keep this board buzzing with creativity! Pitch in and help write a story set in the world of a book or series that you love. Just pick a role to play and break a leg. Who knows? This could lead to fame and fortune!

FOUR EASY STEPS TO STARDOM:
1: Read any thread below. (If there aren't any, submit your own — you could be the first to post!) That's the story so far. At the end of each mini-chapter, the author tells you which character goes next.
2: YOUR TURN!! Create/copy/refine your character's profile, update the story setting, continue the story action, then pass it on to the next character.
3: Check back every day to see how the story continues.
4: Go to #2 above (try a new character on for size!). Rinse and repeat.

When does the story end? It ends when the moderator adds a comment to a mini-chapter saying "END IT!"

Wanna start your OWN story? Cut and paste the profile below and start a new thread!

CHARACTER PROFILE (copy and paste to start your own story!):
My Character: Make this up, or use an existing character from a book.
Character Age: Ditto.
Setup: Who is this character and why is he/she here?
Description: What does your character look like right now? This can change throughout the story, if your character suddenly falls into a mud puddle or is splashed with purple paint. Stuff happens, right?
Mood: This can change every minute, as we all know.
Faves: Help us get to know the character with a list of loves.
Detests: Tells us some stuff your character CANNOT STAND.
Story Setting: Where are we right now?
Action!: Here we go — what's happening? Don't forget dialogue!
YOUR TURN, X!: (Pass the story over to another character.)
   [ 23 posts ] Average score:  
 Can anybody explain a Role Play?
rookie_visitor

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:45 pm
Can anybody explain a role play to me? Please? I'm confused. I want to start one, but i don't know how!

Thanx!

Re: Can anybody explain a Role Play?
regular_contributor

Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:11 pm
RP means role-play. Meaning (I had borrowed this from a previous post I had made to the same question)
You make up a character for whatever, and play a role as it in the story you signed up for.
so let's say a person comes up with Superhero RP
and they tell you to fill out a form:

Name:
Looks:
Attitude:
Super power:
just an example...
And you sign up for it...let's say. They'll probably start the story off, or someone else will. And with that scenario, or story, they'll say "your turn" or your POV (point of view) so you write as the character of you character, and continue. You play a role in the Role Play. Like a play!
Hope I helped!

rookie_visitor

Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:37 pm
RP stands for Role Play (as you probably know.) Basically, the leader picks a topic. Say, Warrior Cats. They make a post reading "Warrior Cat RP!" or something like that. In it, they will include a form for entries, rules, plot, etc.

Soo, for example.

Plot: Tigerstar comes back from the dead and the Clans are thrust into chaos!

Rules: Medicine Cats cannot have mates or kits
Follow the Warrior Code
Follow the board rules
etc.

Form:
NAME:
PERSONALITY:
OTHER:

etc.

When it is time to Role Play, or make POVs (Point of View), people who entered will make a story based on the plot in their characters point of view.

Here is a quick example of a POV in Firestar's point of view:

"Quick, Firestar, come!" Graystripe called to me.

I padded over to him, my ginger fur rippling in the breeze. Graystripe's eyes were swimming with worry and fear. What could it be this time?

"Tigerstar is back from the dead!"

It would be much longer and a little more descriptive and exciting, but that is as best as I could play out a quick POV. 

If you don't know what Warrior Cats are, they are cats--of course--that live in four clans, each with a leader and a deputy (basically a co-leader) and many more rankings. The books are by Erin Hunter and they are really good. You should read them.

For more information, check out some existing Role-Plays and explore the possibilities! Your imagination is endless, and all ideas are respected around here, so you can start a new trend of topics to Role-Play in.

visitor

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:40 pm
A role play is where you create a character with others on the message boards, then you lead your characters through different expiriences, like having magic powers or fighting evil. The only limits to an RP is your imagination!!

frequent_vsitor

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:59 am
a role-play is basically a group story. you write from your character's point of view for one or two paragraphs,than say "your turn!" then, somone will decide that they like your story, and come along and do the same.

frequent_vsitor

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:06 am
Yeah so basically whoever it is that started it gives you a specific theme. Then you create your own character within that theme and write what happens to them from their POV. If you want I can add you to my treasures RP?

HAYMAZE44

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:24 pm
    • yeah a role play is when you get a roll in a play and you play the roll sorry i am not explaining this correItalics (Ctrl-I)ctly well that is a rp

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:30 pm
a role play is when you want to be some one in a story and you play their rol in the story! yeah that's how abrole play works! now you can make your story!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:53 am
I  can   :smileyvery-happy:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:10 pm
I cant .

new

Thu May 03, 2012 10:33 pm
Basically , role play is when you post a name , characteristics, etc. to the other people involved in your role play.The role play can be fan fiction or realistic.

new

Tue May 15, 2012 10:03 pm
I know a site that does roleplay, but it does it differently. Way different than the comments here are saying. Like this: * * or (* *) or ( )

new

Thu May 17, 2012 11:35 pm
Ditto, I use a site which uses asterisks, like so: *Ember grins, gliding through the door and into the party.*
That is how I'm running my Hunger Games party on the HG board.

contributor

Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:38 pm
There are two types of group fiction. The first is a multiperson story. The second is a role play.

In a multiperson story or "multi", people sign up and make a character, and then they go around in a circle and the person whose turn it is has control of all the characters, but then they pass it on.

In a role play, people still sign up and make a character, and they still go around in a circle, but they are only in control of their own character. Role plays don't go as well as multis on these boards because it can take a while for your character to interact again.

- Chimera

new

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 pm
its pretty much in the name. you play a role

Can anybody explain a Role Play?
new

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:50 am
I HAVE 3 "ROLE-PLAYS" SO FAR. "THE EGYPTIAN" "THE FAIRY" & "THE GHOST-TOWN" WILL YOU PLEASE JOIN? FROM, dreamtimepink9

new

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:52 am
I HAVE MORE ROLEPLAYS. PLEASE JOIN. FROM, dreamtimepink9

new

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:58 am
I HAVE CLUBS NOW. FROM, dreamtimepink9

new

Fri May 31, 2013 4:28 pm
kide kide [hllhh

new

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:22 pm
A roleplay is a thread in which characters, or as many people call them, charries, interact with eachother. Roleplays can be called RP's.

How do i start a story?
new

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:57 pm
I am sad that I can not make a thread and how do I make a thread

new

Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:16 pm

A roleplay is when you act as someone else. Hope this helped.laugh

new

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:59 pm

A role play is a game where you act like that chacter.

[ 23 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team