Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  
 Can't Bear the Pain
new

Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:23 pm

Breathe, just breathe. I keep reapeating this phrase in my head for the fear that I will forget. I've been running for lord knows how long trying, desperately, to get away. Away from the people. Away from the town. Away from all those things that caused me pain weather they knew it or not. 

My lungs feel as if they are burning to a crisp inside my chest and I can hear my heart pounding it's rapid rythm into my skull - but I can't stop. If I stop, I know exactly what will happen. They will find me just like they always do, snatch me back up into their miserable clutches. I'd rather die than let that happen again.

My vision is first to go. It is slowly taken over by an ethereal, blinding whiteness. I'm used to this process, yet, I still trip and stumble over the roots and rocks that litter the familiar forest's floor and cause me to fall onto the damp soil. I attempt to get back up only to collapse again because my legs have decided to give up on me. If I could see, I'm positive the world would be spnning because I go light-headed and an inky blackness consumes the blinding white that was before my eyes just moments ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hello anyone who happens to be reading this and welcome to my first story (on here at least)I'm completly open to any critism you guys have weather it's positive or not so let me know what you think! See ya! laugh

Re: Can't Bear the Pain
new

Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:20 am

WOW. The story is great so far! Throwing readers into action and making it act like a hook to have readers keep reading! The only reason I wouldn't read this if it was made into a book is because I would rather not swear. But keep writing! The book will be very good.

-Dragoncrown485

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team