Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 chapter 11 of doom tunnel
contributor

Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:11 pm

david bart

“WHY DID YOU SEND ME THERE!!!!! NOW THE DARK LORD IS GOING TO RUIN THE WHOLE EARTH!” I yelled at the top of my lungs.

“What do you mean? The Dark Lord has no spell or anything,” the ogre said.

“ He chained me to a chair and found my journal that Derek Truman wrote and the Dark Lord said determination will come! You stupid ogre!” I yelled.

The ogre put his serious face on.

“You mean he really got the book?” the ogre asked.

“DO YOU THINK I’M KIDDING WHEN I SAY HE’S GOING TO RUIN THE EARTH?!?!” I yelled.

The ogre was wide eyed and shocked. The ogre started to pace in circles while nodding no like this cannot be true. I put my hands on my hips and started to tap my foot. The ogre kept pacing in circles. How come I got in the middle of this? I thought.

The ogre stopped pacing in circles and started to look through this bucket of things. He laid rocks, papers and candles around himself again.

“Read these,” the ogre ordered.

He gave me the papers.

3 tomatoes

4 hairs of a lamb

1 pig nose

Stir all the products and you have an invisible potion.

Sicknesses: itching, swelling

The ogre had all the ingredients in his big pot in the middle of the rocks and candles. He started stirring the ingredients.

“who’s going invisible?” I asked.

“You,” the ogre answered.

I was the one who was shocked this time. Why me? It was the ogre’s fault sending me there. Why must I be the one who does everything?

The potion became red and started to boil. After the ogre poured the potion into a small spray bottle. It handed it to me. I started to spray myself with the red stuff.

“You’re invisible,” the ogre said.

“Now what do I do again?” I asked.

“You sneak into the Dark Lord’s lair and steal the book. He wont see you. He’s not that powerful,” the ogre explained.

“Ok, on three you will be in the Dark Lord’s basement. He probably hid the book somewhere in there,” the ogre explained.

One, two, three, I thought. And on three, like the ogre said, I was in a basement. I could perfectly see. On one wall, there was millions of books and on the other walls, there were just cases of -I think- magic rocks. I went over to one of the cases. It was the Augusta rock. It was a rock that was emerald green and I looked at it’s label. It can erase someone’s memory in just seconds. I turned around and saw that a huge case was in the center of the room with a book in it. There it is, I thought. I went over to the case. I put my hands on the case and tried to move it. Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, I think I turned the alarm system on. I let go of the case and turned to try to find a closet or old chest. I found an old chest on the far side of the room. Opening the chest, I hopped inside. I closed the chest and hoped that the Dark Lord couldn’t find me.

I heard footsteps rush down the basement stairs. I started breathe hard. Footsteps seemed to come closer to the chest that I was in. I held my breath. My heart thumped loudly in my chest and it was at a fast pace that I couldn’t explain how fast it was. I closed my eyes. Another step stepped closer to the chest. A person opened the black chest that I was in.

…..

Re: chapter 11 of doom tunnel
N/A

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:40 am
     DUM DUM DUMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
         and I quote,
              "Why must I be the one who does everything?"

Cuz' you're the main charcter. And cuz' bekah159 says so.

Re: chapter 11 of doom tunnel
frequent_contributor

Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:34 pm
Easy on the punctuation. :smileytongue: This makes a little more sense now, but I think the Dark Lord should come and take David himself, not by the ogre's hands. That's just weird. Still, I'm interested in this mission.

Lonely was the song I sang
Til the day
you came
Showing me another way

And all that my love can bring

Kira

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team