Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 5 posts ] Average score:  
 Chapter One of a Fantasy Novel-Please help think of a title!
new

Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:58 pm

So, hey! This is Chapter One of  the novel I'm writing, but it's sort of like the introduction. I sort of need a title, so... suggestions? Also, leave constructive criticism in the comments please!

“Claire, get up! It’s the first day of school, and you-know-who is giving a speech you-know where for you-know what, at dusk. I know you really don’t like him, but it’s our duty as citizens!” Those words don’t sound like much, but they marked the beginning of one fateful day, a day that  would start protests, fights, and allegiances. Those words ring in my dreams sometimes. But now… now isn’t the time to discuss this. I am here for one purpose, and one purpose only-- to inform you about...everything. You may think this is a myth, and believe what you must, future readers. I need to record this for when the time is right. You will know when it is. It all started when a man wearing a black cloak appeared in the middle of the amphitheatre, unnoticed.

Re: Chapter One of a Fantasy Novel-Please help think of a ti
new

Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:26 am

hi is it all right to put some more info because im stumped on a title other than that it sounds like a good book

new

Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:47 am

The Dark Day?

-Dragoncrown485

new

Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:31 pm

soooo.....

Apparently my stupid brain came up with another beginning...

Why, after I posted this on Scholastic? 

I honestly don't know

I might post that beginning if you'd like, its basically another story with the same storyline

new

Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:05 pm

I'd like to see your new begining. I have my own book going and I changed the begining up a bunch and now it's superior! At least I think so. I'm trying to figure out how to post it. I'm stumped on how to do it though... But I'd definitly like to see the other begining!

[ 5 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team