Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 Children of Caltoon: Chapter Three Part Two
regular_contributor

Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:43 am

“John, he’s not ready,” Grayson could hear his mother’s voice clearly desperate.

“He needs to know,” came his father’s much harsher and stricter than he’d ever heard it before.

Silence followed and then Grayson heard his mother begin to speak again. “John. When we…when we adopted him, we agreed to wait.” Grayson felt as if he had been hit by a car. He gasped and the voices stopped.

“Grayson?” came John’s surprised voice from within the room.

Grayson felt like his world was spinning as he walked into the living room, all in a daze. Please oh please let this be a dream, he thought as he collapsed onto the couch, directly in front of his parents.

“I-I’m adopted!” Grayson asked in a disbelieving stammer. The sun shone through the window, lighting up the room.

John and Marci watched him sitting on the couch across from where Grayson now sat, their faces filled with understanding. “I know this may come as a bit of a shocker,” Marci admitted, her voice gentle and soft, “but we thought it’d be better to wait until you were old enough to understand.” She looked at John, clearly highly irritated with him, but Grayson could care less.

Grayson snorted, running his fingers angrily through his sleek black hair, his emotions suddenly unclear and in a great chaos in his mind. “Yeah, you just thought it’d be fun to lie to me my whole life.”

John shook his head earnestly. “Son—”

“I’M NOT YOUR SON!” Grayson yelled unexpectedly, struggling to hold back the tears. His breathing was rigid.

Pain filled Marci’s face. “Oh Gray,” she soothed.

His voice quivered. “D-did—did you ever even love me?” His voice was calm and serious. He blinked back his tears.

“Of course!” the two Littleton’s answered in unison.

Grayson shook his head, the anger returning to his eyes. “No you didn’t. If you loved me then you would have told me sooner.” With that he turned towards the door and darted down the stairs as fast as his legs would carry him. He could hear his mother sobbing upstairs in the living room. She’s not your real mother, he reminded himself.

He turned to look up the staircase in time to see his father closing the door and watching Grayson from the top of the staircase. “Where are you going?” he demanded.

Grayson’s heart sank down into his stomach. “To find my real parents!” he spat, turning down the hallway toward the entrance room.

“Grayson James Littleton!” his father called after him. “Get back here at once.”

Grayson was trembling by now as so many emotions swarmed around in his head at once. “I’m not a Littleton!” he yelled back. His words echoed through the house.

Grayson could hear the sound of footsteps on the stairs and rushed towards the door. “You can’t do this!” his father said, his voice now pleading as he appeared in the door.

Grayson couldn’t bear looking back to see his face. “Watch me,” he muttered, swinging open the door and breathing in the fresh country air. And then he ran through the tall grasses for one last time, thinking the whole time, I’m going to find my parents.

Re: Children of Caltoon: Chapter Three Part Two
frequent_vsitor

Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:30 pm
I knew he was gonna blow... (Note to self:All good boys turn bad. Just kidding!) Can't wait to read the next chapter!

"It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do."
                                                                                         - Lightning

Re: Children of Caltoon: Chapter Three Part Two
regular_visitor

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:28 pm
Please write more! The last part almost made me cry! Your really good at writing Allie. Does Grayson find his "real" parents?

-MaytheForcebewithyou(Lizzy)

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team