Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 7 posts ] Average score:  
 Chronicles of the Ice ~Book 1, Prologue~

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:50 pm

Note - I am British, so instead of sled, I say sledge. Sorry about that and all. 

The young girl lay on the ice. She was wet, cold and terrified. Numbness had crept into her limbs and they refused to move. Her cold, burning skin stuck to the ice. She squeezed her eyes close and gritted her teeth. Deafening silence roared like a football crowd in her head, making it impossible it concentrate. She sighed, and gave up, relaxing her body. There was no hope now, no point in trying. It was midnight when it happened. She had been trekking across the ice to her camp, when a dark, tall, lone sledge driver had sped towards her. The metal blades of his sledge, slicing towards her at dangerous speeds. The dogs, loping towards her as fast as a bullet, flecks of spit flying out of their mouths, snow spraying up into the air where their powerful paws hit the ice. The sled driver, so calm, not even trying to avoid hitting her. The impact. It felt like she was being electrocuted, slashed, whipped and slapped at the same time. Then silence. Nothing. Just black.

Re: Chronicles of the Ice ~Book 1, Prologue~

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:38 am

Wow  that was intesting! Nice start off! Hope you write more

Me smiley happy

regular_contributor

Wed May 23, 2012 1:17 am
very interesting. I like it.

new

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:42 pm
That book is off to a great start. i sugest to maby describe the sled and it's rider more and enclude the girl's name somewhere in chapter 1. remember these are just sugestions you don't have to use them if you don't want to.

new

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:08 am
It's great! I think you should add some more details, but that's it. Please write more

new

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:49 am
really awesome plz write more

new

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:26 pm
I liked it! Keep in mind that there are titles, "Chronicles of the Iceman", and ''Chronicles of the Icemark".

[ 7 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team