Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 11 posts ] Average score:  
 Classroom Karaoke - A Sequel to the Tale of Brad and the Broken Meter Sticks
regular_contributor

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:35 pm
I'm going to officially name these something. I just don't know what... :P I know Teresa is doing something similar to this, so if you (Teresa) would like me to stop, then please let me know! :)

*The following is a true story that REALLY happened in MY classroom!*

Classroom Karaoke
The notes that are hit when the teacher is gone.

Place: Our own science classroom. Time: Approximately 10 a.m. Additional Notes: The teacher was out.

Worksheets were out and being completed as a small radio in the back on the room droned on. A few sighs escaped various people's mouths. Not that I could complain, I was among the group. Some whispered to each other. Calls of "What's the answer to B?" were mouthed amongst the kids. It was only when a certain song started to play that the action heated up.

"I know I can't take one more step towards you." The first words cut threw the air like a knife.
One of the boys, Dan* , jumped up and squeals, "THIS IS MY SONG!!!". Of course he was just joking. Another boy chimed in, "Seriously? Jar of Hearts? Dude, man up." The whole class, including the two boys, burst out laughing.

We just sat there giggling, until the chorus comes on, and a completely different boy, Joel* , jumped up in his chair and started singing. Dan* joined him and they preformed a lovely duet going on. Laughter became contagious. They made they're voices girly and high and practically shrieked the lines, "You're gonna catch and cold from the ice inside your soul." When they sang "Don't come back for me, Who do you think you are?" they accusingly pointed at each other as a joke.

Of course, when the teacher came in, there was absolutely no evidence of our little singalong, except for the practically silent humming of the chorus by Dan* that caused most to bite their lip to keep from breaking into a fit of laughter.

*All names are fake.

Re: Classroom Karaoke - A Sequel to the Tale of Brad and the Broken Meter Sticks
regular_contributor

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:47 am
whatever ya do, don't sing in class unless it's music class. jn

Re: Classroom Karaoke - A Sequel to the Tale of Brad and the Broken Meter Sticks

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:48 pm
i dont really like school im glad im out.:smileyhappy:

frequent_vsitor

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:17 pm
ROFL!!=D hahah thats hilarious!=D

Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:16 pm
I heard of Jar Of Hearts.That's funny pinksummer! I I saw your name was Sam.Cool! Its girl boy right?

frequent_vsitor

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:15 pm
Haha thats funny!

Re: Classroom Karaoke - A Sequel to the Tale of Brad and the
frequent_vsitor

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Wow! That is extremley funny! I wish that could happen in my class... That must have been a blast for all of you! 

laugh Winterwonder9300

visitor

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Really? Once our teacher was gone in PC a program for gifted kids. We were listening to the radio then: "Wakin' Up In Vegas" by Katy Perry played and I started yelling along. I got a paintbrush thrown at me by my ,idiotic,bro.

visitor

Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:27 am

If our teacher played anything but Margaritaville, I might do this xP...

~IsisLovesCupcakes(;~

new

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:30 pm
I would have loved to be there! :)

frequent_vsitor

Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:06 pm
Now what I'm wondering, is how the teacher didn't hear all that. Great story!

[ 11 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team