Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  
 *CODED* Emma in Oz (Chapter One)
new

Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:25 pm
I pulled the handle of my old blue wagon. The dark blue was chipping off, revealing a rust color. The long handle used to be attached to the wagon by two durable screws. Now, one screw was gone and the other was half unscrewed and half screwed. It was also unable to be screwed all the way in, since so much rust had grown around it. Cobwebs lined the corners of the dusty inside. I had last seen this wagon eight years ago when I was six.

My younger sister scowled. "Is this the only wagon we own, Emma?"

"Yes," I responded. Mother called us inside and we saw the whole family sitting at the dining table, crowded around a old-fashioned radio.

"Tornado warning. The tornado will hit most of the border between Kansas and Oklahoma soon. We recommend all possible victims find a safe shelter," The man anchor announced. We were in a small town, right along the border.

"We'll need to hide in the cellar," Dad instructed. We obeyed. Just as we were about the get in, I remembered.

"Dad, we need Pudgy!" Pudgy was our old one-eyed bulldog.

"No, we don't!" He yelled.

I sprinted away into the farm. I picked up Pudgy and put him in the wagon. The screen door slammed shut as wind flew fiercely around. I tried opening it, but it wouldn't budge. I saw the tornado coming. What should I do? I ran into the barn. I soon became dizzy and dizzier until I fainted.

(Note: The tornado scene is a bit unrealistic, but this is fantasy so :)

~skyauthor8)

Re: *CODED* Emma in Oz (Chapter One)
new

Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:00 am
This is very interesting, but aren't you kind of copying "The Wizard of Oz"?

new

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:38 am
I loved your story! Keep writing!
PurpleCow
I love animals, reading, writing, figure skating, and skiing!
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it hcolor="#9704C6">appened." -Dr. Seuss

new

Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:27 pm
Hi! My name's Emma! Amberkite7: The wizard of OZ is a classic, therefore, there have been rewrites, and changes made from the original copy. This is fine. There are stories and movies following along the lines of it. Like "WICKED", and "OZ the Great and Powerful". If "Wizard of OZ" had been a more recent book, this would not be ok, but since the author's death has been more than 50 years ago, copyright has been worn out. That is my Philosophy.... Might not be a 100 percent accurate but...OH well.... As for skyauthor8: GREAT JOB!!!!!! Write more, -Indigosprite11

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team