Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 20 posts ] Average score:  

Is this a good idea?
Yes 67%  67%  [ 10 ]
No 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Sort of 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 15
 CODED Roleplay
new

Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:09 pm
Hi, I am doing a story where everyone who responds will be in it. You write from your character's view, and I'll be a supervisor or something. The story: The land of Yrots is in danger, and our characters will work together. Your character can be a human with one power, an elf with one power, a fairy, or a troll/monster thingy. Follow this character outline.
Character Name: Jacob
Character age: 12
Species: Human
Power: Metamorphosis
Personality: Responsible, natural leader, Brave, tough.
Special possession: Cross Necklace
Notes: His brother is the villain.
Have fun!!!

Re: CODED Roleplay
new

Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:32 pm
My other character.
Character Name: Yenk
Character Age: 16
Species: Elf
Power: Psychic Abilities
Personality: Shady, untrustworthy, an expert liar/backstabber.
Special possession: Hypnotism amulet.
Notes: Has Jacob hypnotized, is his right-hand man.

new

Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:24 pm
Please reply!!!!!!

new

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:31 am
Character name:Lillian Age:13 Personality:boy crazy, obsessed with the latest gossip,beautiful Species:human Power:telekinesis(it doesn't work when she wants it to, so stuff happens based on her mood.) Special possession:an old, ripped teddy bear named snuggle-time Note:Her mom went missing after she was born. So her dad is her world.

new

Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:38 pm

angelcharacter name: michael

Age; 8

Species: human

Power: can summon and use an energy force field.

Possesion: a green blanket

personality: nice, and is very cute

NOte: looks up to his big brother, Jacob

new

Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:24 pm

You can start writing from your characters POV now

new

Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:33 am

Hmmm. This seems like a good idea, so I'll join.

Character Name: Roan Marks

Personality: Shy,loyal,fun,cool,lies a lot,has anger issues

Species: Is it ok for half/half? If so, then shes faerie/human,if not then shes a human

Power: Can read peoples minds

Special Possesion: Her locket

Note: Works for the enemy. So shes very secretive and doesnt let herself become close to anyone, even though she wants to...

new

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:20 am

Name: Yogi

Personality: He's basically the baby of the group, doesn't do a lot of action, everyone works to make sure he's safe, but he really wants to do more. He is very stubborn and talkative.

Special Posession: A ring that was his sister's

Ability: Healing

Secret: His sister Jenna died in a fire and Yogi believes it to be his fault. An evil has promised to bring Jenna back if Yogi betrays his friends.

new

Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:30 pm

from jacob's pov.

I slink through the dark forest, trying to find the so-called traitor.  His name is Yenk, of the elves.  I morph into a hawkylor for it's eyesight and soar through the woods.  A blast of fire whizzes by me.  The next blast doesnt miss.  Everything goes black.

I come to with a start, like someone switched a swicth from off to on.  I notice that I am no longer a hawkylor, but I am in my human form.  Sudden morphs to human can be embarrassing because I don't have time to visualize my tunic.  So there I am completely naked laying down on the grass.  I groggily look around and see an elf, and beside him a hybrid faerie/human.

"Hypnotize him." the hybrid says.  "He is suspicous.

"As you wish, Roan Marks"says the elf.  

The last thing I remember is the swirling amulet.

new

Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:33 pm

hey vampire your character should be close to mine.  And P.S my character is actually 15.  I made a typo.

new

Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Ok so I had tried doing this earlier, but the editor was broke so I'm going to do it again. Hopefully ai can still add my guy to the story.

Species: 9/10 Human  1/10 Angel (His ancestors were angels)

Power: Healing

Personality: "Gang Pet" sort of thing, everyone babies him, acts like the regular kid, fairly chatty, acts more like a 7 year old, wants to do more for the gang but they want to keep him safe.

Item: Picture of his mom and dad on their wedding day

Note: Mother died when he was born, older sister died in a fireanf Yogi thinks its his fault because she went back on the house to save him but debris fell on her and she didn't make it, father disappeared shortly before the gang finds him.(can we have the dad have been taken captive or something by the villain???)

new

Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:36 pm

So umm yeah, my character posted twice because of the broken editor and stuff, and since I couldn't remember everything exactly its a bit different. I am making a final version for you to fo by.

Species: 9/10 Human  1/10 Angel(His ancestors were angels)

Personality: "Gang Pet" Everyone in the gang wants to keep hime safe and makes sure he stays out of danger, he really wants to do more, is very stubborn and talkative, in reality he is lonely and sad

Power: Healing

Special Item: His parents wedding photo, and sister's ring

Note: Mom died when he was born, Dad disapeared shortly before the gang found him, and his older sister Jenna died in a fire and he believes it was his failt because she went in to save him but got hit by rubble and didn't make it, (can the dad be taken captive by the enemy?) In short, he has a tragic backstory

new

Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:02 pm

@basketballmaster

Of course! Sounds awesome!!!

Roan's POV:

I look down at the boy. I lauggh inside my head. Normal 15 yr. old instincts. I tell my brain to shut up, and let me focus. But I cant now. Hes kinda cute... Now I feel exposed...All of the sudden Yenk speaks. "You did well," he says. I feel sick to my stomach. NO! I scream inside my head. That would be betrayal...I know how THAT feels... "Hes coming to!" Yenk says. I kneel down beside the boy. He is indeed stirring. Once again,I feel sick. They've protected you all these years,and now...I just dont feel right here. But I'll stick with it. The boy opens his eyes. I self-conciously look down at my purple tunic. Give the boy some modesty! I think. "H-hello? Who-are you?" he says. I look up. Hes wearing a tunic. Im confused. I read his thoughts. "Wow...She-I dont know...I feel like we've met before..." he thinks. I blush. Hey?! Faey are flirty! I cant help it! I look at Yenk. Hes not there. I send a message to him through my mind. "Where are you?" I say telepathically. He says,"Far away...You will be my spy. Or else your brother gets it!" I gulp. I cant help it... Im not the toughest girl around... "Hey!" The boy says. I immediatley go on the defense side. Then I realise it was friendly. "Oh." I say,"Hello there." I blush. Im also modest. "Im Jacob." the boy says. Then he smiles. A real smile. And for the first time in forever, I smile back. "Im Roan. Call me Ro." I say,then smile slyly. I think we'll be friends.

=VAMPSCOMMENTS=

Heyyyo! So how was that for someone going into the sith grade? No,srsly. Im saving up,so wen i get older i can self-publish my own story. Please give me feedback! I also lovvvvve rping sooooo,ya. Byeeeee!

new

Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:30 pm

BTW Jacob has no memory of seeing Yenk and Roan,he remembers everything else. Yenk altered his memory so he thinks he hit a tree and blacked out.

Just so you know!

new

Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Name: Jewel

Species: Cat girl (has ears and tail of cat)

Personality: Kind, shy at first, wonerful friend, has a temper, is willing to sacrifice herself for friends

Power: Flight, speed and agility

Special tem: A locket hodign the pictures of her dead parents

Note: Has been an orphan for 6 years and knows karate 

PLEASE INCLUDE ME IN YOUR STORY!!!

new

Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:41 am

Ok, so at first I wanted him to be young, but now I find it hard to write from a five year old's pov, so I think now he will be 10, 7 at the time of the fire.

"Yogi!" I hear Jenna call. "Yogi where are you?" I try to callout to her, but my lungs burn and I can't speak.  "Yogi! C'mon we have to go!", She says as she see me in the corner. She comes and picks me up to arry me oit. As we reach the door, I remember mom and dad. "Mom... Dad..." I mumble as I squirm out of Jenna's arms. "Yogi, what are you doing we have to go!" She tries to drag me out, but I refuse to leave without Mom and Dad. I break free and run into Dad's room. I search my around, the smoke stinging my eyes. I finally find the photograph of my parents and reach out to grab it. It is so hot to touch that I  drop it. Then Jenna comes in and reaches out to grab me so I just barely have time to reach out and grab it again before she carries me away.  We're almost out the door, when all the sudden Jenna drops me and hunches over on the ground. She starts coughing, and I see blood sputter out.  I barely here her tell me to run. I refuse to run and go over next to her. She barfs all over the floor. I look up, and I see the ceiling getting closer. All of the sudden I am pushed oit of the way at the very last second. I here sirens and doors slamming in the distance. Right now all I can think about is my sister's body, which lay unmoving on the ground, partially covered by rubble. I begin to run over to her, but someone's arms close around me, and they drag me away. I see people rush over to Jenna's body, and I see hoses, and fireman. People put some mask over my mouth, and that is the last thing I remember before I wake up, screaming, and drenched in sweat.  I look around waiting for the comfort my dad usually brings, but it doesn't come. I look at the clock, it says 4:00 am. Dad shouldn't have left for work yet. Sensing something is wrong, I get up to go to my Dad's room. When I look around, I don't find him. I decide to go down into the kitchen, to see if he left a note. Sometimes he does that, if he receives an urgent call at work.  I don't find a note, but I find the front door left wide open. I suddenly get very scared, and try to comfort myself by telling myself that he probably just left in a hurry and didn't have time to write a note and forgot to close the door.   I decide to call him, and punch in his phone number on the home phone. It rings once, twice, three times. It goes to voice mail. "Hey Dad, it's me, just calling to check up on you, call me back when you get this message. Bye." I put the phone down, and head back to bed. I try to bring myself to sleep, but it never comes.  I lay awake for an hour or more, when I hear the phone ring. I race up to go get it. It's my dad's work. Figiring it's him, I answer it. "Hello?" I say, waiting for my dad's voice to answer. Instead, a deep voice answers. "Yes. I am calling to report the absense of Sean Smith from work.  Is he here?" Dissapointed, I reply back no. He yells back, "If you see him, tell him that if he doesn't get his butt to work in 20 minutes, he's FIRED!"  I hung up. I stood there breathing heavily. Dad wasn't at work. He wasn't at home. Where in the world was he? I decide to go looking for him. I pack my backpack woth my waterbottle, some granola bars, and a wad of cash and head out the door. 

Just a side note, Yogi's dad is out alot for work, so Yogi is often left home alone. For this reason Yogi is very independent, which is why he is actually comfortable leaving the house to look for his dad. Also, during the fire, their Dad wasn't home.

new

Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:41 pm

Hey! Me and my real life sister (loneangel35) would like to be part of your story, if we’re not too late already… To Bonnie (loneangel35), I'll use my name in my character.

Character Name: Sam (Samuel)

Character age: 18

Species: Human

Power: Traveler (I can teletransport myself into anywhere I want, and travel through different dimensions too), and super speed

Personality: Kind, good-looking, selfless, agile, protective of my sister, brave, responsible, and what good big brothers are supposed to be like…

Special possession: My little sister’s black leathered bracelet

Notes: I never cared much that I’ve been an orphan for as long as I can remember, but for my little sis, I’d give up my life for her to be safe… She’s been recently taken away from me and I got so upset that my powers got messed up.

Hope you can still give us a chance! :)

-Sam (Slycobra51)

new

Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:34 pm

hi if its not to late I would like to join.

name: Rouge

specis:mutant

pesonality:attractive aggresve protective and defiant

power:sucks life ot of anything she touches

special item:knife frm dad father

note accedentlly kiled parents. p.s.  based off of x men
 please let this go through mods PLEASE

new

Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:54 am

is this an acttive rp still

anyea my charctr rougis open for a realatonship anyoe se i rouge

new

Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:48 am

hiii ok so can i just POV also if any relationships form or what not Rouge can be apart of them thx please. also I posteda rp in fnfc i pjo please commnt thx

MODZ ARE FRIENDS

[ 20 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team