Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 7 posts ] Average score:  
 Cookie Monster: The Facts Behind Your Favorite Muppet
frequent_contributor

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:34 pm
Cookie Monster is a blue Muppet who is very fond of cookies, on The Sesame Street show, created by Jim Henson. He is known for his large appitite, and his phrases like "Me want cookie", "Me eat cookie", and "Om nom nom nom nom". 

Many people are debating over whether or not he is an unhealthy infulence on children who watch Sesame Street. On the Martha Stewart Show, in 2007, Cookie Monster said that "Cookies are his sometimes-snack". Also, to prevent child obesity, a segment called "Healthy Habits For Life" aired. Internet rumors started that they were going to take Cookie Monster off the show, and replace him with Veggie Monster.

Cookie Monster is a favorite for many children across America.

Re: Cookie Monster: The Facts Behind Your Favorite Muppet
rookie_visitor

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:49 pm

_cooly 11_ wrote:
Cookie Monster is a blue Muppet who is very fond of cookies, on The Sesame Street show, created by Jim Henson. He is known for his large appitite, and his phrases like "Me want cookie", "Me eat cookie", and "Om nom nom nom nom". 

Many people are debating over whether or not he is an unhealthy infulence on children who watch Sesame Street. On the Martha Stewart Show, in 2007, Cookie Monster said that "Cookies are his sometimes-snack". (I'd rework the sentence like this: In 2007 he appeared on the Martha Stewart Show saying that: "Cookies are his sometimes snack."  Also, to prevent (I'd say combat, since childhood obesity is already a problem)child obesity (this is usually said as childhood obesity), a segment called "Healthy Habits For Life" aired (aired on what?). Internet rumors started that they were going to take Cookie Monster off the show, and replace him with Veggie Monster. (Was this proven or disproven?)

Cookie Monster is a favorite for many children across America. (Can you work this in somewhere else in the article?  It kinda hangs here.)

Great job!  And Cookie Monster is my favorite!
~Tatiana~
I can't remember my Packer siggie, so I'll just say:
GO PACK GO!
And Cheeseheads of the world, UNITE! (I learned to cheer long-distance, you know)

frequent_contributor

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:29 pm
Tatiana, you do realize that you posted this on Larry's account. XD

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:14 am

Nice. Although it would be cool to know whether the rumours were proven or disproven and by whom at what time?

new

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:11 pm
I heard about this to. I decided to write about it and get more info. I do not think that Cookie Monster was that bad though. I grew up with Cookie, and I am not unhealthy or fat. I found a website though where they research rumors. Snopes said that Cookie just says no to cookies sometimes.

rookie_visitor

Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:06 am
hes my favorite as well and i hope he doesn't get taken off-tachi

new

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:02 pm
i love the cookie monster he has been my favorate muppet sence i was little

[ 7 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team