Crafts & DIY

Announcements

Announcing the STACKS’ newest Message Board! Crafts and DIY Tips!

Share your expert how-to tips, DIYs (that stands for Do It Yourself), ask questions, give advice, and let everyone know about the awesome projects you are working on! If you’re looking for inspiration, the Scholastic Klutz video page has lots of ideas for incredible projects. AND the Klutz folks themselves will be on this board for live chats to answer your questions! Stay tuned for live chat announcements coming soon!
http://www.scholastic.com/kids/stacks/v ... 1#featured

My name is Katie, and I am the moderator for this message board. I am thrilled to be here, and I’m eager to hear your great ideas about crafting and how to do the amazing stuff that YOU are an expert at. I’ll be sharing my own thoughts, asking questions, and posting polls, so keep checking back!

Here are the rules for this message board. These rules help keep things safe and fun, so be sure to read and follow them!

1. No last names, schools, or cities
2. Age/grade is okay, but no birthdays
3. No being mean or rude, and no cursing
4. No posting your e-mail address or links to other websites
5. No attachments or pictures are allowed

Remember that your messages must be approved by me before anyone else can read them. I will try to read/approve your messages as quickly as possible. You can help things move along quickly by following the rules listed above.
   [ 16 posts ] Average score:  
 Crafty lockers

Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:06 pm

For those of you who will have a locker at school this fall... do you plan on decorating it? With what? Share your ideas here! Target had a really cute locker disco ball. I was tempted to buy it. Then I remembered I don't have a locker. 

Re: Crafty lockers
regular_contributor

Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:16 pm

Haha I don't think I'll be having a locker anymore (i finished highschool) BUT when i was in middle/high school some kids had those tiny paper drawers on their lockers for their things and I always thought they were super cute & practical. Also ppl often decorated their lockers with photos and pretty pictures they had cut from magazines or sth. And. My friend Stonehenge had. Screencaps of Hitchcock movies. And pictures of Ronaldo (the football player) >.< My friend is so weird.

Haha on my first year of middle school I had actually decorated my locker with pictrues of chocolate sweets I had found on a cooking magazine. And everyone was like "nooooooooooo don't do this to meeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm hugnryyyyyyy :(" and I felt so powerful. 

BUT a locker discoball sounds like the most amazing thing in the world!? You should buy it Katie, at least for some kitchen cupboard or sth :)

new

Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:23 pm

I dont have a locker but when i do have one i plan on decorating it with a white board, so i can write reminders on it, and i can also decorate my locker with girly decorations

new

Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:27 pm

At my school everyone decorates people's lockers for their birthdays, and it's so fun! My birthday is in the summer so my locker remains un wrapped, but i love doing it for other people. :) My friend is OBSESSED with the show Supernatural, and Dean in particular, so we bought a huge poster of Sam and Dean and then cut Sam off and puts Dean on her locker! Then we taped candy to his face. It was probably the best birthday locker reaction ever, she ran in and screamed!

On non-birthdays, however, I like to decorate my locker with a rug and a calendar whiteboard i can reuse. IT's very useful cause I do a lot of organized music stuff so I'm often busy after school!

Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 pm

I love the birthday decorating idea!! Very cute. 

new

Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:17 pm

I am obsessed with Harry Potter so this fall, I plan on decorating my locker with printout pictures of him and the stuff, but I'm also going to put a little box under the vents on the inside so when someone puts mail there, it'll catch it and not clutter up my locker. 

new

Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:03 am

I don't have a locker yet, but my grandma got me this magnetic turquiose chandlier that attaches to the top of the inside of the locker for when I do. I will also probably decorate the inside of my locker door with Luna Lovegood pictures.smiley

Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:58 pm

Very cool! I love those chandeliers. 

new

Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:54 pm

I don't really go that big with locker decorations, but my friend does! She has this mini white chandelier that hangs on the inside, and it's so pretty! And she also has a mini whiteboard, photos, and tiny streamers! STREAMERS!

Anywayyys, all I did this year was put up a notecard that says, 'Believe in yourself.' But I'dlike to get one of those whiteboards! :)

Deviouspineapple1: We do locker decorations at my school too! My friend said that she'll try to decorate mine on the last day of schol before Winter Break! :) I have a birthday during break, so I won't be able to see it until I get back... But still! So exciting!

new

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:26 pm

I have-magnets....XD

No one really decorates our lockers because they're tiny. and we also don't use them that much.

Besides, if I got a decoration, it would break.(Guess who's locker is messy?)

Buuuuuut I do have a shark magnet, a Harry Potter Magnet(I solemnly swear I am up to no good...),and lots of other magnets that I can't quite remember.

new

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:32 pm

I'm hoping that someday I'll get a locker in school, but I don't have one yet. Why don't you ask the leader of Scholastic/Stacks to get you guys lockers to store your books, written stories, and electronics like laptops/phones for rating books and eBooks? It seems like a good idea to me! laughyes Your friend, -hawkangel104 laugh

new

Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:25 pm

I may decorate my locker but im not sure because last year in 6th grade I over- decorated my locker then everything I put in it FELL OFF.angry I took a long time to put the items back ! Not many kids this year are even thinking about locker decor since we are so focused on getting to classes within 2 minutes. I might though just so that my locker stands out and is more organized looking.smiley

new

Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:17 pm

Well... I am really into books (Harry Potter and the Land of Stories mostly) and Cuct Tape crafts so i deorated my locker with duct tape frames and pictures of the Harry Potter cast and characters.

new

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:47 pm

my grocery list from the beginning of the year

1.  a mailbox
  2. a light
  3. a picture of my crush
  4. my skateboard
  5. my pencils
  6. and my phone(duh)

new

Thu May 12, 2016 5:38 pm

too bad i'm homeschooled.........i can't do that........frown bye Mrs. Katie!

new

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:48 pm

With my locker i color coed all my supplies and use little containers to organizer my pencils and  everything else and i have a ton of photos cheeky

[ 16 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team