Crafts & DIY

Announcements

Announcing the STACKS’ newest Message Board! Crafts and DIY Tips!

Share your expert how-to tips, DIYs (that stands for Do It Yourself), ask questions, give advice, and let everyone know about the awesome projects you are working on! If you’re looking for inspiration, the Scholastic Klutz video page has lots of ideas for incredible projects. AND the Klutz folks themselves will be on this board for live chats to answer your questions! Stay tuned for live chat announcements coming soon!
http://www.scholastic.com/kids/stacks/v ... 1#featured

My name is Katie, and I am the moderator for this message board. I am thrilled to be here, and I’m eager to hear your great ideas about crafting and how to do the amazing stuff that YOU are an expert at. I’ll be sharing my own thoughts, asking questions, and posting polls, so keep checking back!

Here are the rules for this message board. These rules help keep things safe and fun, so be sure to read and follow them!

1. No last names, schools, or cities
2. Age/grade is okay, but no birthdays
3. No being mean or rude, and no cursing
4. No posting your e-mail address or links to other websites
5. No attachments or pictures are allowed

Remember that your messages must be approved by me before anyone else can read them. I will try to read/approve your messages as quickly as possible. You can help things move along quickly by following the rules listed above.
   [ 10 posts ] Average score:  

do u like this?
yes 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
no 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
its awesome! 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
the for the ideas 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9
 crafty mondays!
new

Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:15 am

hey guys! Every monday, I will post a new craft(or several crafts) on this thread. Feel free to post your own crafts as well. Also, I used to have a thread, which i no longer use, that also had some great craft ideas. 

Re: crafty mondays!

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:11 pm

Cool! Can't wait until Monday! :)

HP Jewelry
new

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:14 pm

Hello everybody, it's monday again! I just had foot surgery, so Ill be a regular visitor here for the next few days. I have some awsome new crafts for you guys today! The theme is all about hp jewelry, so without further ado, lets begin!

House Pride Necklace

Supplies

-jewelry wire

-some beads in your house color(or colors)

Directions

1. Draw out what you want your necklace to look like. Make fun shapes or swirls or sympbols, whatever you want. Be sure to put where you want the beads to go.
  2. Shape the wire into the shape of your pendant.
  3. Add the beads. String them on the wire and put them where you want them to go.
  4. Now you have two options. You can hot glue the beads in place or wire wrap them, which means you wrap the wire tightly around the wire around the bead and thread it through the bead then do the other side. 

Tiny Book 

Supplies

• sheet of paper
  • cereal box
  • needle and thread
  • clear nail polish(optional)
  • printout of book cover(optional, could be harry potter book cover)

Directions

1. Cut out a piece of the cereal box twice as big as you want the book to be. 
  2. Cut several pieces of paper the same size as the cardboard.
  3. Fold them all in half.
  4. Bind your pages together. Using your needle and thread, begin sewing the pages together along the fold. Try to keep the knots on the outside of the book.
  5. Glue it into the cover.
  6. Now you can do several things. I glued the first and last pages of my book to the insides of the cover, cut out a scrapbook paper bookmark and glued it into the book, glued the harry potter cover to the front and back, and painted it with clear sparkly nail polish. Another time, I painted the cover with gold nail polish and put it on a necklace, then I had all the kids in my class sign it. I then gave it to my teacher. 
  7. Its your choice. You can make jewelry with it, put it on a keychain, write in it, decorate the cover, the choice is yours.

RANDOM IDEA I JUST HAD-FILL YOUR BOOK WITH SPELLS AND WRITE THE NAME OF AN HP SPELLBOOK ON THE COVER!!!!!!

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:53 pm

Love these ideas! Thanks! I hope your foot recovers quickly. What happened??

new

Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:13 pm

@Katie-I was getting some planters warts removed. Nothing big:) 

new

Thu May 05, 2016 8:00 pm

I love these ideas so keep post new i deas.you mind if i post some my self?im a guy so i normoly have no one go get ideas from so this is help full.thx

Thu May 05, 2016 8:26 pm

I'd love to see your ideas!! Why don't you start a brand new message on your own? 

new

Mon May 09, 2016 11:31 pm

hikingshoes8-that would be AMAZING!!! Post as many as you want!

Hi its me again yes i know its not currently monday but what
new

Mon May 09, 2016 11:35 pm

Cool gift wrapping ideas using-paper bags!

1.put a small gift in a paper lunch sack, tie at the top with a ribbon, and decorate with sharpies! tada

2.cut out a large piece out of a blank grocery sack and use it as wrapping paper. Decprate and your done!

3.you can decorate an entire grocery sack for a fun gift bag.

Wed May 11, 2016 1:47 pm

Very cute ideas!

[ 10 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team