Fan Fiction

Announcements

Join the Cast!
We need your help to keep this board buzzing with creativity! Pitch in and help write a story set in the world of a book or series that you love. Just pick a role to play and break a leg. Who knows? This could lead to fame and fortune!

FOUR EASY STEPS TO STARDOM:
1: Read any thread below. (If there aren't any, submit your own — you could be the first to post!) That's the story so far. At the end of each mini-chapter, the author tells you which character goes next.
2: YOUR TURN!! Create/copy/refine your character's profile, update the story setting, continue the story action, then pass it on to the next character.
3: Check back every day to see how the story continues.
4: Go to #2 above (try a new character on for size!). Rinse and repeat.

When does the story end? It ends when the moderator adds a comment to a mini-chapter saying "END IT!"

Wanna start your OWN story? Cut and paste the profile below and start a new thread!

CHARACTER PROFILE (copy and paste to start your own story!):
My Character: Make this up, or use an existing character from a book.
Character Age: Ditto.
Setup: Who is this character and why is he/she here?
Description: What does your character look like right now? This can change throughout the story, if your character suddenly falls into a mud puddle or is splashed with purple paint. Stuff happens, right?
Mood: This can change every minute, as we all know.
Faves: Help us get to know the character with a list of loves.
Detests: Tells us some stuff your character CANNOT STAND.
Story Setting: Where are we right now?
Action!: Here we go — what's happening? Don't forget dialogue!
YOUR TURN, X!: (Pass the story over to another character.)
   [ 2 posts ] Average score:  

Are you going to create a character?
Yes. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
If I have time. 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Maybe not. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
 Create a Character for a Story Contest.
new

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:42 pm

This is a Contest for a possible story I may or may not create; however, as you are creating characters for it, for anyone who creates a character, if there's is selected as a character for the story, they will still be allowed to write for their character.

The context or plot of the story is very simple. All characters posted will be attending a Boarding School where students will be allowed to specialize based upon their Major. They can audition into the school by presenting or demonstrating a skill [Arts/Technology], by credibility [Scholar/Languages], or intent. Any students who do not intend on Majoring will be known as Standard Students despite academic ability. Scholar students are those who are focusing on Academics. However, some students have earned a Scholarship to the Boarding School. All students board at the School. Those who want to pursue a Medical career are grouped into the Science category. Sometimes students choose a major due to interest such as those preferring science selecting to be a Science major or for those interested in History, Geography, Societies, Philosophy, etc., etc. selecting to be Humanities majors. Students are allowed to be a multimajor and take up to as many majors as they can actually withstand. Students within the School are allowed to take online classes or dual enroll at local Colleges. Buses are provided on campus to any student taking classes off-campus at a local College or at another school, due to the limiting class catalog or due to class sizes. The buses are free to those attending the School.

It is unknown as of this time if I want to allow magical/supernatural powers within the RP; but, in certain circumstances, it may be a possibility; but, to be on the safe side, if it relates to Religion, the answer is yes, for the sake of the Contest. In the event, it is not due to their Religion, the answer is no. 

Each character will be required to have a Secret of some sort, they would like to be kept secret. It could be almost anything reasonable and characters may share the same secret in certain circumstances. For the duration of the storyline, only the character themselves know of the Secret, unless it relates to some sort of record of some sort, then, maybe, the faculty may or may not know. But, for the most part, the only one with knowledge of the secret, is the character. 

You can also list a song that you think suits your character within the appropriate section, it isn't required; but, I would like to see it regardless, if you have one for them.

And finally, in order to have your character considered, you must create a Sample of your writing. This is mandatory. It must be a decently sized paragraph or longer. This paragraph must be of an adequate length and demonstrate your writing capability. You could create the most brilliant character the world has ever seen and I still may not consider your character if this requirement is not met. Impress me. Impress yourself. Impress the world.

Last; but, not least. Do not make a Mary Sue/Gary Stu; please give your characters at least 4 flaws. Four actual flaws. It could be as simple as clumsy or anything which could be considered a setback to your character. These are personality flaws and no, having facial scars nor acne are not personality flaws, those are physical appearance flaws and belong in the appearance section; I shouldn't have to tell you this. Do not make them this kind, happy, considerate, intelligent, ball of sunshine without any flaws. It's simply unreasonable. And also, with the language section; please list what languages they know. Remember all students will have to take two years of a foreign language within the School. If their first language or the language they can, for the most part, understand almost everything is English, then, write it. Do not expect me to guess that on my own. It is your entry and I do not share a brain with you. This in itself should be the main key point of everything. Do not expect me to guess nor know this and that about your character on my own. They're your creation, not mine.

And finally, when the characters are selected, you will be writing for your characters and I will write for mine. You can create up to three to four characters/entries. 

Thank you for reading and I expect your forms to have pre-existing knowledge of everything that has just been stated. Now, click reply and good luck!

//Application Form;// 

Character's Name [Include nickname, if they would prefer a nickname instead]; 

Character's Age/Year [13-18/9th-12th]; 

Languages Character Speaks [Fluently and Non-fluently + English, list which one is first/Native language, and how many years have they studied each language]; 

New or Returning Student?;

Major//s [Arts, Sciences, Humanities, Technology, Languages, Scholar, or Standard student];

Looks/Appearance; 

Personality [At least 4 Flaws]; 

Gender; 

Optional History; 

Their Secret [Only 1, must be something they would preferred kept hidden, can be or revolve around anything, nothing ridiculous please];

Clothing/Style; 

Associates & Relationships [Family, Pet//s, Friends, Enemies/Rivals, Crush/Love Interests];

Optional list of interests/hobbies; 

Likes; 

Detests; 

Other; 

Reason for Attending the School; 

Song that you think suits your character [Optional, although, I would prefer to know what it is, if you have one for them];

Mandatory Roleplay Example [At least 1 good paragraph, demonstrate your character as well as your writing ability/capability within it, there is no maximum word length nor paragraph length and you can post this in a separate reply as well];

-*Zirconia

Re: Create a Character for a Story Contest.
new

Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:22 pm

Character's Name [Include nickname, if they would prefer a nickname instead]; Harriet Sallow

Character's Age/Year [13-18/9th-12th]; 14 (9th)

Languages Character Speaks [Fluently and Non-fluently + English, list which one is first/Native language, and how many years have they studied each language]; English(Native), French(Non Fluent)

New or Returning Student?; New

Major//s [Arts, Sciences, Humanities, Technology, Languages, Scholar, or Standard student]; Arts

Looks/Appearance; Harriet is 5'2 and has a very athletic figure. She has small, nimble arms and legs. Her ash brown hair is shoulder length, and she has short, well kemp bangs that hang down in her face. She has gray, hooded eyes.

Personality [At least 4 Flaws]; Harriet is polite and well mannered. She always attempts to be kind and does well in school. She often seems fake as she restrains herself from opening up to people. She's very prideful and judgemental of others. She prefers to be alone. Once you get to know her, she is thoughtful and very sweet, but many people never make the effort. She often pushes herself to hard and will work herself to the bone because of her stubbornness and pride. She often feels depressed. She restrains herself from feelings and personal care that would make her have her grades slip, or drop out of a class, etc. She pushes herself to perfection, which at times can have a negative effect on her mental health.

Gender; Female

Optional History; Harriet grew up in a loving, well to do home with her mother, father, and older sister. Her older sister is a very accomplished dancer and always seemed perfect. She is why Harriet pushes herself so hard.

Their Secret [Only 1, must be something they would preferred kept hidden, can be or revolve around anything, nothing ridiculous please]; She often feels depressed. She pushes herself so hard to be better than her sister that she doesn't really have friends, has no time for family, or anything she used to love to do. She doesn't want anyone to know that she feels this way, because then she would have to face the fact that she isn't perfect. Sometimes she wishes she could just disappear, and never come back to face more and more responsibilities she's piled on.

Clothing/Style; Harriet wears tight fitting, comfy sweaters and jeans. Often times she'll just wear her ballet shoes to classes so she won't have to change them, but when she doesn't she wears flats.

Associates & Relationships [Family, Pet//s, Friends, Enemies/Rivals, Crush/Love Interests]; Her mother, Dee, her father, Chris, and her sister, Violet. She looks up to her sister a lot.

Optional list of interests/hobbies; She loves ballet, whether she's dancing or watching someone else dance. She also enjoys swimming, reading, and running.

Likes; Dancing, cats, lavender, her sister

Detests; Schoolwork, people, herself

Other; 

Reason for Attending the School; She wants to be perfect no graduste from a prestigious school.

Song that you think suits your character [Optional, although, I would prefer to know what it is, if you have one for them]; Starlight, Muse (The song is kind of about being lost)

Mandatory Roleplay Example [At least 1 good paragraph, demonstrate your character as well as your writing ability/capability within it, there is no maximum word length nor paragraph length and you can post this in a separate reply as well];

Every time Harriet saw the dancers move, she felt her throat knot up in emotion. The way their bodies flowed with the music, the way they moved- everything. It made her wonder whether she was about to cry or laugh. The dark theater was silent save for the gasps of the audience as the ballerinas leaped across the stage. Harriet felt herself leaping with them. She looked to her left and beamed at her sister, giggling in excitement. Her sister winked at her, and they continued watching the dazzling display. 

Finally, after another hour of leaps and twirls, the curtains closed. The lights slowly came back up in the theater. Harriet stood up, dazed, as if she forgot that the show wouldn't last forever. Violet stood up, and the two sisters made their way to the outside world. The sun was so bright outside Harriet momentarily thought she'd gone blind.

"Well?" she heard behind her,"How was it?" She looked over and saw her older sister, her pretty blonde hair glistening in the sun. Harriet felt the same, numb bitterness settling in, deeply rooting itself in her chest. She smiled, making sure her eyes crinkled up as she did so.

"It was amazing! I can't believe you helped choreograph it, Violet." Violet laughed, and it sounded like bells tinkling together. 

"When you graduate, I'll make sure to leave a spot on that stage for you, Harriet. Don't worry." Violet headed towards the car. Harriet paused for a moment, looking back at the theater. 

I don't need to worry, she thought. I'll make sure I have a spot in that stage, just watch me. 

She felt the cool stones of sadness deep into her skin as she followed Violet away from the only thing she's ever wanted in her life. She knew, without a doubt, that she would get there, no matter what it would cost. Being there would finally make her feel happy.

[ 2 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team