Spoiler Free Zone!

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read the FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

If you are giving away something that happens in any of the books, please use *spoiler warning* in your message subject so you don't spoil it for someone who hasn't read that far yet.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 5 posts ] Average score:  
 Create your own Harry Potter wand!
contributor

Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:33 pm
1. Choose a length!
Wands are always measured in inches, even though Harry Potter takes place in Britain. Most wands are usually 9-13 inches long, but there are some exceptions.
2. Choose a rigidity!
Is your wand unyielding, springy, supple, pliant, brittle, or stiff?
3. Choose a specialty!
Many wands work best at a particular subject. For example, Harry's mother's wand was best at charms, and his father's wand was best at transfiguration.
4. Choose a wood!
The wood is the outer part of the wand, and is one of the most important aspects of your wand. According to J.K. Rowling herself, woods that are used for wands include: Acacia Alder, Apple, Ash, Aspen, Beech, Blackthorn, Black Walnut, Cedar, Cherry, Chestnut, Cypress, Dogwood, Ebony, English Oak, Elder, Elm, Fir, Hawthorn, Hazel, Holly, Hornbeam, Larch, Laurel, Mahogany, Maple, Oak, Olive, Pear, Pine, Poplar, Red Oak, Redwood, Rosewood, Rowan, Silver lime, Spruce, Sycamore, Vine, Walnut, Willow, and Yew.
5. Choose a core!
The core is the other of the most important aspects of the wand. It fills the inside of the wand. Wand cores include Unicorn Hair, Dragon Heartstring, Phoenix Feather. There are other cores, such as Veela Hair and Thestral Tail, but these are not used by Ollivander, Britain's most highly acclaimed wandmaker. ;)
6. The Last Step...
Remember: the wand chooses the wizard! Whether it works or not depends on this last step. Do you feel a connection with your wand? If so, then your wand has chosen you! If not, then you should probably choose a different wand. :)

Re: Create your own Harry Potter wand!
new

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 pm
Cool!

new

Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:50 pm
hmm I have a harry potter wand but it is plastic and cheap so I may try this out. Some time. I hope it works.

new

Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:29 am
so cool!!! I love mine!!!

new

Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:01 pm
Wonderful idea! Once I went to a camp about Harry Potter, and I made a wand there. It looks very real! But, this is a great idea! I might try it out after school. Bye!

[ 5 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team