Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 11 posts ] Average score:  
 Demons aren't all bad (no, this not some kind of devil worship, so don't get paranoid)
regular_visitor

Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:14 pm

INTRO:

In this story, demons are strange beings that can change their shape to any form they choose. They are not necessarily evil. A little like humans, some are evil, some are good, but most aren’t consciously taking sides. Demons are also 2 or more apparently separate entities that share a single mind (this bond is similar to that between Lyra and pantiliamon in these dark materials). They can work magic, are stronger than normal creatures, and can live thousands of years. Demons can be killed by separation from their "demon Brothers/Sisters" and weapons made of silver or iron. They are weakened by lavender, cinnamon, rosemary, garlic, and sunlight

They can also pass on some of their strengths & weaknesses to other beings, and make them part of themselves, called halfselves. This is what has just happened to Zaphiro, (za-fear-oh NOT FROM ERAGON!!! If you say it is, your response will be promptly ignored.)Whose life was both saved and changed forever by the process of becoming part of a demon called Pyraquio (Pyro & Aquio being the individual demons) this takes place shortly after her transformation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You are now the halfself of Pyraquio.”

Zaphiro looked away from the demon’s dark face and kicked the ground. She didn’t need eye contact anymore.

“I am one of them now”, she thought to herself, “I am a demon.”

She choked back tears, but then realized there was no point. The demons knew her thoughts and feelings as well as she did. She had no secrets anymore. She stared at the ground feeling like she had sold her soul.

Then another thought appeared in her mind telling her that Pyraquio’s secrets were now hers. She did not even know weather it had been her own mind, or the demons’. It reminded her even more of what had happened.

She stared up at the moon, loosing herself in it. In a moment she was thinking of nothing else. Fears of her new blood forgotten, she stared at the setting moon, wanting to keep it in the sky forever. It was as if the moon was everything she had ever wanted, and everything she ever had, and it was tiring to leave over the horizon.

Zaphiro was jerked out of her trancelike waking sleep by a strange sound. It was a mournful howling sound so sad that it brought more tears to her eyes. When she listened for it, it disappeared. It took her a moment to realize that she had made the sound. She had been howling to the moon.

“You should get used to it eventually,” Aquio said, hoping to give her some reassurance by using his voice, and addressing her as “you” with obvious effort. “Though it never gets easy”

Zaphiro stared at the beautiful shining moon again, this time through the corner of her eye, hoping she would not find herself howling again. The setting moon filled Zaphiro with so much sorrow that she could not see how watching it disappear could ever get easier. She almost wished that it was never there, so that she would not have to fear the time when it would it would disappear.

“No one hates a man because he is missed in his absence.” Pyro’s voice was sweeter now, calm and relaxing, sounding more like Aquio than himself. “Do not do such injustice to the moon. She is as much a part of us as any of ourselves.”

Zaphiro tore her eyes away from the moon for a second time to stare into the faces of the demons. They were the creatures she had sworn to kill, and then changed her mind. They had nearly killed her, and days later had saved her life. The strange creatures that she had never quite been able to make up her mind about. They were the demons Pyro and Aquio, the demon Pyraquio, and different faces every day. But now that they had become part of her, and she a part of them, she still was not able to make up her mind about them.

Re: Demons aren't all bad (no, this not some kind of devil worship, so don't get paranoid)
contributor

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:15 pm
Wow. That was really good. Like nothing I've ever read before. I just couldn't keep my eyes
 off the screen.

The Real~Supergirl :p

Re: Demons aren't all bad (no, this not some kind of devil worship, so don't get paranoid)

Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:02 pm
quite good

regular_visitor

Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:32 pm
Wow, i'm glad you like it. does anyone have any advice?

Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:58 pm
pretty awesome. I liked how you were descriptive in the "rules" of being a demon.

frequent_vsitor

Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:15 pm
WOW!
*SCREAM!!!!!!*
AMAZING!!!!!!!
i love the other part i read of this too.
and i love how you say she got lost in the moon. it's golden!
and i have noadvice, beacuse what advice can i give to such a natural born writer!?
good job!

visitor

Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:56 pm
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regular_visitor

Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:42 am
That is one of the MOST AMAZING THINGS I HAVE EVER READ!!!! Please,please post more! I can't wait to read it!
                                                                  Miss X
*I thought you lived at a school*

Re: Demons aren't all bad (no, this not some kind of devil w
new

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:46 am
"DEMONS" ARE REAL. THEY ARE YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE. FROM, dreamtimepink9

new

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:39 am
awesome story :P
@dreamtimepink:my worst nightmare is dogs U.U those things are stupid and gross >.< and weird o_o

new

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:38 pm
wow that is really, really good!

[ 11 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team