Full Series Discussion

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  

Do You Think Harry And Ginny Should Have Married?
No 58%  58%  [ 7 ]
Yes 42%  42%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 12
 Do you think that Harry and Ginny should have married?
new

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:13 pm

I don't think that Harry and Ginny should have married. There wasn't too much interaction between them before the sixth book (except for Ginny having a crush on Harry) and even after they started dating, they didn't talk a whole lot. I've always thought Ginny was a remarkable character, but not nessasarily for Harry. 

I actually ship Harry and Luna. In the fifth book when they met, they realized that they both shared something, which is that they had a tradgedy in their lives. And, they continued to talk with each other among the following year, and got along pretty well,

So, what do you think? Do you think that Harry and Ginny should have married? If not, who do you ship Harry with? 

- Optimisticgalaxy25

Re: Do you think that Harry and Ginny should have married?
new

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:53 am

Yes but I only say that because, I think Harry and Hermione were more of a brother/sister type not a wife/husband type. I have a totally different opinion for Ron/Hermione but thats a LONG story. Anyway there was really no other person to pair Harry with except for Cho and we ALL know what happened with THEM. So Harry had NO ONE ELSE but Ginny, and Harry and Hermione were a sibling type!

- Mermaid Athena!

new

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:54 am

Yes but I only say that because, I think Harry and Hermione were more of a brother/sister type not a wife/husband type. I have a totally different opinion for Ron/Hermione but thats a LONG story. Anyway there was really no other person to pair Harry with except for Cho and we ALL know what happened with THEM. So Harry had NO ONE ELSE but Ginny, and Harry and Hermione were a sibling type! EDIT: If Harry had someone else then I'd say no.

- Mermaid Athena!

regular_contributor

Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:13 pm

Haha actually I ship Harry/Luna too! They had a lot of potential! Although I guess I also like their relationship as a brother/sister type. Or maybe platonic-romantic? Does that make any sense? 

And yes, Harry and Ginny's relationship doesn't get nearly as much spotlight! I think that their relationship in theory is a good one, like they have fun together and all, and that's what Harry needs, but it just doesn't appear all that much in the books! So technically, Harry/Ginny was only a thing for a small portion of the 6th book, when they were dating, because after that they break up and next time we see them together, it's in the Epilogue, when they are married *shrugs* I actually kinda like the fact that the story doesn't focus all that much on Harry's romantic plotlines. Though Ginny kinda deserved better. More screen time, say. Maybe then their relationship would feel more real for me. That's all i'm getting at

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team