General Discussion

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 6 posts ] Average score:  

Is this a good idea?
Yes 53%  53%  [ 9 ]
No 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Maybe. I would need more info to be sure. 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 17
 Does this sound like a good idea for a series??

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Alrighty then. i'll get straight to it. 

Is this a good idea?

So, i'm kind of writing two hope-to-be series. But this thought came to me just a couple of days ago, to make the two series collide. You have the first series called the Star Series with their three books called "Sunstar" Moonstar" annd "Echostar" they all end at the same spot, but they are just from different perspectives. And then we have the second series (i'm not quite sure how many books i want in that one. i know at least 2) I'm thinking of calling them the Hypnosis Series. the first one would be "Hypnosis: Start" the second, "Hypnosis: Amature" and third "Hypnosis: Advanced" and so on and so forth, with "expert" and "ultimate". So, both of these series have their first books, then at the end of each of their last solo book, they combine stories, and create one final ending book for both series. I got inspried by "The Avengers" with Thor, Captian America, and Iron Man, and the rest. 

So? What Do You Think?

Thanks!

Junoelf1

Re: Does this sound like a good idea for a series??
frequent_vsitor

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:42 am

What is the "Star" series about? If you plan on getting it published it might seem like you're copying the Warriors series. I don't know much about the other one, but the names sound cool!

rookie_visitor

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:19 am

WOW IT SOUNDS COOL (wish i thought of it first(dang it)

;D

regular_visitor

Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:21 pm

sounds cool to me 

new

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:36 pm
Good idea! Maybe not ''Start'' but ''Beginner''.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:06 am
I believe its a good idea: well, in theory. We dont actually know what your series is about--either of them-- and I cant gain too much from their titles. The concept has been done before--authors always reference their own works, from scientists explaining their theories to webcomics *cough Homestuck cough* to mysteries. You're going a bit beyond that, making a crossover, but it's the same in principle. At some point, though, you'll have to decide what you want to do. Hey, it's your storoes: we just seem to have a lot of opinions on them. Sorry if this seems very cagey. I suppose I'm in a very cagey mood right now. ~Taro-chan

[ 6 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team