Save the Planet!

Announcements

Hi Everyone! Welcome to SAVE THE PLANET! Message Board — Talk about the environment, ask questions, share tips, and learn about what it means to be GREEN!

If you're visiting from the Save the Gorillas Board, welcome! This is your new place to share your ideas about saving the gorillas and other endangered species.

My name is Jessica, and I am the moderator for this message board. I am thrilled to be here, and I’m eager to hear your great ideas about helping the environment. I’ll be sharing my own thoughts, asking questions, and posting polls, so keep checking back!

Here are the rules for this message board. These rules help to keep things safe and fun, so be sure to read and follow them!

1. No last names, schools, or cities (states are okay)
2. Age/grade is okay, but no birthdays
3. No being mean or rude, and no cursing
4. No posting your e-mail address or links to other websites
5. No attachments or pictures are allowed

Remember that your messages must be approved by me before anyone else can read them. I will try to read/approve your messages as quickly as possible. You can help things move along quickly by following the rules listed above.
   [ 37 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dont worry, the Earth wont end in 2012 or at 2090!!!
new

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:43 am
I read this book at the libaray about the end of the world. It said the world will only end wen The Earth will be destroyed more 2 times...making it 5 times the Earth got destroyed...
I think u know that the Earth got destroyed 3 times. But for ppl hu don't, the Earth first got destroyed in an ice age which covered the whole world in ice. Another one was,which I may say,wiped out the dinosoures was a shooting star. It was unexplainable. A shooting star landed on earth and KA-BOOM! For about decades the world got covered wirth darkness and ash.
Another time it was a flood.
The flood carried on until it drowned the world completely. Except Africa. I dont know if it sinked like the others but I do know Africa was the first to recover.
So,scintecfally(I got the spelling wrong didnt I) and supernaturally, wen we have great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchildren The Earth will end!

Re: Dont worry, the Earth wont end in 2012 or at 2090!!!
new

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:03 am
I don't mean to offend anyone but I don't think the world ever got destroyed due to a flood or an ice age. Those are just beliefs and are not scientific. They wouldn't have fossils of the dinosaurs if that really happened unless the dinosaur world ended after the flood and ice age. However, I do agree that the world will end at some point in the extreme far future when we will have Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandchildren (I'm not sure that's supposed to be capitalized.)

new

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:05 am
Hey witchunicorn5! I live in Bangladesh too n I know dat u r talking about 'Prophecy Calling' book. I read it too. Ur right,the world will end at probbably wen we have great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-greart-grandchildren!

new

Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:29 am
In my religion,yes,the earth got destroyed 3 times,ice age,flood. It is written in the holy book of Quran.
I'm a Muslim

new

Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm
I don't mean to offend your beliefs, but there was never scientifically a flood that destroyed the world. It will end in about 5 billion years. And there's no such thing as a shooting star. It's the path of a meteorite as it enters the atmosphere to change into a meteor. I don't think that those times actually destroyed the world, though...

AquaCat586

"I get by with a little help from my friends."

-The Beatles, "With A Little Help From My Friends"-

regular_visitor

Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Yes! The world will not end. -Dances around the room-

This will be awesome, the world won't end for a while...

-Ciara

new

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:21 pm
I know,aquacat,u didnt mean to offend my beliefs. But still.I believe it. nd chatty,yes.da world wont end for a loooong while......hey emerld,where do u live?

new

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:18 am
hey there witchunicorn5, i hope that is right but you never know... these are the words you spelt wrong: wen-when and i know other words but i can not remember? :( hey though wanna be my buddy thanks ambercity45

new

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:33 pm
Sorry. It's fine to believe it! I just think that you should say "I am [insert religion here], and I believe that..." you know, just so people know that that's your religion. I think it's cool that we have people living all around the world with all different religions on this site. It's really diverse, though it is mostly USA.

AquaCat586

"I get by with a little help from my friends."

-The Beatles, "With A Little Help From My Friends"-

new

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:47 am
the earth wont end but it will probally will crash into another solar system 100,000,000,000 years later it was even proved in a documate about space but the will recover as usal :)

new

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:32 am
I wud like to know about Christianity, i dont have any idea about it really!!
Reading is breathing72<< p>"I AM so smart that I don't know what I am talking about."

-Oscar Wilde

Secret Seven has seven members...and well it is secret."

-Apola, Secret Seven.

"Just close your eyes. The sun is going to down. You will be alright. No one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I will be safe and sound."

-Taylor Swift, Safe and Sound.

"Long live! The walls we crashed through! Whilethe kingdom's lights shine...for you.Long, long, live, the magic that we made... our names will be remembered one day."

-Taylor Swift ft. Paula Fernandiez, Long live.

I'm so smart I don't know what the heck I'm talking about!
I love you mommy "I have no money.Try your dad."I love you daddy. :ugeek:
&I am painting a blue square in my backyard so that Google Earth thinks that I have a pool. :lol:

Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:55 am
I am a Christian. If you want know how the earth started and when it will end, and about my beliefs, go to your local Christian bookstore.

new

Wed May 01, 2013 6:15 am
I am a muslim too. I got terrified when my friends told me that the world will end in 2012!!!! You guys have really helped me in not getting... I don't know- SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks! -Purplewizard

new

Wed May 15, 2013 11:10 pm
i believe that the earth was destroyed twice ice age and flood .... what was the third time ????

new

Mon May 20, 2013 12:01 pm
The third time was a shooting star. It is not explainable, scientifically.

new

Thu May 30, 2013 4:20 am
I don't think the Earth will end for a long time, but I do think it will end sometime. About the shooting star, I don't think a star ever collided with the Earth. That would be like the Sun hitting us. I believe that it was just a very large meteorite. Sorry, I'm not trying to offend anybody's beliefs. Also, I've never heard of this flood thing. Could somebody tell me more?

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:48 pm
Hello. To be perfectly honest, we don't know when the world will end. It will hopefully be long after we are gone. ;-) (I am Christian and therefore have beliefs about his, but I won't go into that.) So, scientifically, the world could possibly last until the sun burns out. Then we are toast. Although because of the speed light travels, it might take a bit for us to be affected.

new

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:41 pm
thats cool. i really want to read that book.

new

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:47 pm
Hey People, I'm a Christian! and my family and my church believes this: The world will end with wars,really harsh weather,and alot of things destroyed.We even think that soon there will be a World War III.Well as we all heard about the weather,Tornadoes and floods and really hot weather, We believe that this is only the beginning.This was just everything I believes.So I hope im not defending anyone.BYE oh and if you believe the same thing "Friend Me".

new

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:48 pm
well different scientists have very different predictions of when the world will end. let's just say it's going to be somewhere in the 1000's. just to keep up our hopes!! :3

new

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:20 pm
The world will end when the Sun dies, creating a supernova and eventually a black hole, and sucking up the world and throwing it to the ends of the universe, if it is not never-ending.

new

Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:09 am
Okay, so someone was saying about knowing more about the flood. Before I go off rambling, first, I want to say, about the star.

I am not offended, I have no wish to offend anyone, but scientifically it's true. Whty do you think there are fossils of dinosaurs???? What, they just became exticnt, though there were no living beings then?? NOO!!!!!! Scientists have gathered sooo many evidence, that when this star collided, the Earth was covered in drankness and smokes and possible flames (that has not been proven yet).

Chareusecat, I am not intending to offend any1, but the Sun will never die, becuase our Sun is a medium-sized star. Meduim sized star do not die. if you do not believe me, please go and wiki it or google it, and you will find scientific evidence.

Okay, flood time!!!!

new

Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:16 am
I don't see why the Earth would end any time soon. The sun is at full power, so we have very little chance of being sucked into space by a black hole. We may lose gravity from the sun, but that would take WAAAAYYY too long. If global warming keeps up, HUMANITY may be wiped out in a flood or something, but the world would still exist. My point is, we shouldn't worry about it. The Mayan predictions are very wrong indeed. I read somewhere that they based their fortunetelling on the sun.

new

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:53 pm
It is kind of hard to say about the world ending. When will it happen, how, and why? Still, I agree with you, the world will most likely not end soon. The world will only end if the sun burns out. I don't think that is any time soon.:)

new

Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:52 pm
there was a flood, an ice age, and a meteor that killed the dinosuars (when you see shooting stars, they are really meteors going across the sky)- though they didn't destroy the world they destroyed all living beings on it which is basically the same thing. if we sort out the climate problem then no, the world will not end in 2090, but if we don't...

[ 37 posts ] Average score:   Go to page 1, 2  Next

PRS © 2008 PRS Team