Romance at Hogwarts

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read my FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 23 posts ] Average score:  
 Draco/Ginny: Fi-yah and ay-ce :)
regular_contributor

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:55 pm
Hope you understand me :)
SOOOO from what I understood Draco/Ginny is the Fire and Ice ship. So I decided to make ANOTHER POST WITH THE TWO OF THEM (because I officially ship them now- though I STILL can't picture them together)

On a first look, one would scream "Ginny is Fire and Draco is Ice! Duh! Now snap out of this disgusting couple!"
But I have made my own explanation here
They are both Fire AND Ice.
Ginny is Fire because she's brave, warm when growing close to people and because she's fiery-- hot-tempered (though in my headcannon it's mostly a mask to keep people out of her life)
Draco is Ice because he has been brought up in a cold and distant enviroment, refrains from showing his feelings and comes off as superior and indifferent

But here comes what I realized is what I love in this couple:
Ginny is also Ice, because she often keeps from showing her deepest of feelings, doesn't share her darkest secrets and is generally afraid to open up her true self to others (or... mostly in my headcanon). She "is" not the obvious and expected form of Ice, but there's "Ice" in her too.
And Draco is Fire on the inside, too. Because, as a Slytherin, he's far more ambitious that he shows. And a lot more passionate. There's some short of positive engergy burning inside of him, he just doesn't let the crowds know.

So the conclusion my ingenius mathematic mind has come to, is that Draco/Ginny are full of contradictions. Not as a couple. But as individuals. As a couple, Fire meets Ice and Ice meets Ice and Fire meets Fire and... BOOM! Mind is blown :P
*insert smart way to end a post here*
*thinking*
SEE YA!

Re: Draco/Ginny: Fi-yah and ay-ce :)
regular_contributor

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:28 pm
yeah, I don't picture a girl like Ginny w/ a guy like Draco.

new

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:38 pm
Draco and Ginny?Who comes up with this stuff?

new

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:05 pm
Oh wow. I don't think that couple would work very well. Because Ginny actually likes Harry, and Harry hates Malfoy, so...logically, Ginny would hate Malfoy. Malfoy already hates Ginny because she's a Weasley. If you have a hate-hate relationship, it generally doesn't work out.

AquaCat586/Sekhmet

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to our friends."

~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone~

I HAVE A RUBBER SOUL!

Tom Marvolo Riddle = I AM LORD VOLDEMORT!

"So this is what scientists back then thought about Venus. Information: "I couldn't see anything". Conclusion: Dinosaurs and seltzer water."

-Carl Sagan, The Cosmos

HTML Wizard!

regular_contributor

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:59 am
Wha? COME ON NOW GUYZ! That's ALL you have to say? Thanks for looking closely... :(

contributor

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 am
This is pure genius, Anna! Drinevra is really growing on me! I think I'm beginning to ship it too! :D You're absolutely right about Draco and Ginny being a combination of fire and ice! :)

`*•..✿``*•..Foreverelephant.❀.•*``✿..•*`

Are people born wicked?

Or do they have wickedness thrust upon them?”

--Glinda, Wicked [The Musical]

regular_contributor

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:25 pm
@aquacat: Draco is also mean to the trio, so, what are the odds Ginny would like a jerk like Draco? Slim.

frequent_vsitor

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:12 am
Fire melts ice a teensy bit... And the water that drips off makes the fire a little less scary... This is an epic ship!
I don't ship Drinny. Kinda wish I did. But I'm way too Hinny :)
-Ollie

regular_contributor

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:13 pm
@shybird: yeah, but, Ginny had always been interested in Harry, and do you think she'd want to be w/ a guy that was mean to not only her family but her crush? I doubt it.

regular_contributor

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:51 am
@Elphie: Pure genius? C'mon now! But THANK YOU! :D And it's good that it's growing in you! (It means I'm not totally insane!)
@Ollie: Yesh. Your description is so... poetic. I'm glad you like this so much (And if you wish you shipped it, why don't you? You can ship Hinny too! Multishipping FTFOV!)
~Hipp, who doesn't really think that "Multishipping FTFOV" is a good battle cry :P

regular_visitor

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:05 pm
Ha. I knew there was a reason I never could get that "Aaaaw" feeling about Harry/Ginny. It's because they're with the WRONG PEOPLE.
Draco/Ginny. Perfect.
Think of it this way:
Ginny's in 6th year, Harry's in 7th, but not at Hogwarts, so naturally Ginny's lonely. For a short time, she manages to make Draco see the light, and they fall in love. But, 'tis a short lived romance because of the classic Lily/Snape conflict. Draco lets his bad nature get the best of him, and loses his girl in the end, which was essential to the story, because if not, Harry would have been heart broken and would have made the wrong choice in the 7th book, and there would never be a Lily, Albus, and James Potter. The Golden Trio wouldn't be inter-related. But it was a sweet story... so Ginny never forgot her Icey Fire, and Draco never forgot his Firey-Ice. Ooooh, and years later, instead of there being a next-generation couple, it could be a next-next-generation... so TRUE LOVE REIGNS!
You can bet I've got a fanfic cooked up now... mwahahahahaha.....
~Brooke :mrgreen:

regular_contributor

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:12 pm
@Brooke: *MAJOR HUGS HERE*
Yay! *happy dance* I'm glad you agree! And your headcanon? Awesome!
Write that fanfic, write that fanfic, write that fanfic! *hugs*

regular_visitor

Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:48 pm
HTML Generator Sample Page

@Hippolyte:

Aw, I feel so honored.

My headcanon may be a fanfic/one shot (probably just a one shot, but I might post a few short chapters while Return is on break in December.)

So, do you mind if I use "Fire and Ice" as the title of the oneshot/fanfic?

*dreamy voice* Draco and Ginny... Drinny.... Graco...

~Brooke,

~~Bella_Cissy_98~~

Cross my heart & kiss my elbow!

~Holly Golightly, Breakfast at Tiffany's

People DO fall in love. People DO belong to each other. Because that's the ONLY chance ANYBODY'S got for REAL HAPPINESS. 

~Paul Varjak, Breakfast at Tiffany's

FLY YOU HIGH!

MaY tHe OdDs Be EvEr In YoUr FaVoR

I support
the B. N.M.!
Copy & paste
this if you
do too!
*~*~*~*~*

regular_contributor

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:12 pm
@Brooke: Do that! I'm glad you feel honored... that's a always a good thing
Of course, I didn't made the title "fire and ice", that's how Dracevra shippers have been calling it long before I actually found out about that ship! I just, I guess, made an insight on the "Fire and Ice" title given. So of course you can use it, it's not like anyone owns it or anything, so WRITE DAT!

frequent_contributor

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:58 pm
I'm too into Dramione for this, but Drinny is something of a close second :)

regular_contributor

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:50 pm
@Twink: Yay that's good to hear :) You is like, a semi-shipper of Dracevra/Drinny/Gico/Fire and Ice?
(Lol, the actual moment where you like "Gico" more than "Drinny" oh facepalm)

regular_contributor

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:41 am
One can ship
What one wants to ship.

Bumping this thread just to inform you I officially ship it now (an unpredictable plot twist that takes everyone by surprise ;s)

It's more fun to make your life your own invention.

Hippolyte

new

Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:27 pm
They are fire and ice because of all the reasons you just listed, PLUS THEIR HAIR. I mean, seriously, you have the red-head Ginny and the white-blonde haired Draco! But anyway, as inspiring as most of your essay/lectures are, (thank you for inspiring me to ship Lover) I do not ship Drinny. Although Drinny may be one of the epic-est ships OF ALL TIME, I have an organized system. I ship everyone with one person, so I wouldn't be able to ship Drinny AND Dramione. :( But now my life is deprived of Drinny, so THANK YOU whoever came up with Dramione for getting me so OBSESSED!!! :cry:

regular_contributor

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:17 am
Ginny's heard lots of negative stuff about Malfoy from her older brother, Ron, so.....yeah. How would the Dracevra relationship work if Ron and Draco hate each other? Logically, if your brother's being made fun of, wouldn't you stick up for him? Or, in my case, if a friend of mine was being made fun of, would I stick up for them? Yes, I would, and I believe Ginny would do that as well as Harry, Ron and Hermione, even Luna and Neville.

regular_contributor

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:45 am
@technologygirl: Let's just agree to disagree ok? This discussion could go on forever with no results
@agentthor12: Inspiring? Well I don't hear that everyday for sure. Thank you for your nice words! :blush: I get you have your system, but I'm still proud of myself for another Dracevra... liker.
(Oh yes I call them Dracevra because I despise how "Drinny" sounds. And my own ship word for them was Gico, which is a parody/not serious ship name but I think I almost prefer it from Drinny)

(Seriously what short of name is Drinny? I like it too much to call Draco/Ginny that)

It's more fun to make your life your own invention.

Hippolyte

regular_contributor

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:06 am
@Hippolyte: true, and you gotta give me credit for also shipping Lover.

new

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:14 pm
yeah, that's a cool way to see it, but I totally don't ship them. Harry and Ginny were meant to be together. but no offense against anyone who does ship them!

new

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:27 am

Hmmm. Diffrent. I like it. I see where you're coming from with the Fire and Ice thing. I like it :3

[ 23 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team