Spoiler Free Zone!

Announcements

Welcome everyone! My name is Brian and I'm moderating the boards. Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
- Please read the FAQ’s post.
- If you still have a question, feel free to ask me here.

If you are giving away something that happens in any of the books, please use *spoiler warning* in your message subject so you don't spoil it for someone who hasn't read that far yet.

I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place to get excited about HP!
   [ 11 posts ] Average score:  
 Draco Malfoy Walks Into a Muggle Public School.....
new

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:07 pm
OK Now I have your attention! The title was sort of a spoiler, unless you've read half the second book. So, this is Harry Potter School! Here, we'll give you education about all the classes in Harry Potter, have a little system just like Hogwarts does, and give you info about Harry's life. This is only for people who LIKE HARRY POTTER! :D We'll also have virtual common rooms, and you can do stuff, like POVs. But this is NOT Hogwarts, you're just learning stuff about the classes and about Harry. We won't have Quidditch, wands, or robes. There's no homework, although I'll encourage you to go to the HP site on the Stacks at least twice a week. There are minor quizzes and you get minor grading. So, to join, here's the form below:

Username:______________
House:______________
Year:____
Classes:_________________________________

Ok, so that was the form! Those who are 1st and 2nd years do these classes:

Potions
Charms
Defense Against the Dark Arts
History of Harry Potter
The HP Class
Transfiguration

So, and 3rd years and up get the same classes along with the classes of the later books of their choice. Make sure you're on this post at least a couple times a week for the newest HP education. The number one rule is: HAVE FUN!

~catgymnastics173 who needs a siggy

Re: Draco Malfoy Walks Into a Muggle Public School.....
contributor

Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:03 pm
I'll sign up, but unfortunately I can't promise that I can come twice a week. Hope that's ok!
Username: Foreverelephant
House: Hufflepuff... but I'd be willing to be Ravenclaw if you need more members.
Year: Hm... I don't post my real age on the Stacks, but I'll be a third year so that I can get extra classes. :P (You can put me in a higher class if you want, I don't mind either way.)
Classes: I guess all the default classes, as well as Care of Magical Creatures, Arithmancy, and Herbology.
Thank you! :D
Foreverelephant

I am a lady from Mars
and I can unscrew the stars.
I can be anything that I see.
•♡♡•
--Ingrid Michaelson, Lady in Spain

new

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:22 pm
@foreverelephant: It's all okay if you can't come twice a week! You don't have to, besides, I know that many people have many activities, events, jobs, and more all balanced with school and homework, and I know there's rarely any free time with a schedule like that. I understand, really, I do. I'm glad you signed up though! Right now, you're basically the only student, but, anyway, here's a sneak peak at what I think Arithmancy is! :D

1. Arithmancy for all those who chose it: Welcome to the class of wizarding math, a very great choice indeed. Here you will learn about magical numbers, and it may help you in tight spots, the quizzes, and even finding out secrets about Harry Potter.
First, we'll start with the branches of Arithmancy. Arithmancy is like Muggle math, only it has different numbers and a spell to it. It's like regular numbers, only twice. These numbers are Roman numerals in disguise, as you will learn further in the class, The History of Harry Potter. Branches are the parts of Arithmancy, and there are five:
1. The secret of spells
2. Adding numerals
3. How magic works
4. Fractions of numerals
5. Magical measurements

Now that you know what Arithmancy is, come back May 4th for the start of classes! Thank you!

(Here's a sneak peak at the common room for people who would've been sorted into Hufflepuff if they went to Hogwarts)
So, there's a big room with chairs, couches, and tables. There's computers and other devices for fun, sketchbooks, and more! There's also a special corner for studying. There are also two doors near the end that lead to the girls' and boys' dorms. Each dorm fits four people. It has the things of your choice in it, even just imaginable objects, like a portable refrigerator, a walk in closet, and even special studios for your favorite things to do. HAVE FUN!!!!

~Katelyn

new

Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:17 pm
username harry house griffendor classes potions and defence against dark arts year 1

new

Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:13 pm
USERNAME: deviouswolf50, you can call me cupcake HOUSE: Ravenclaw YEAR: I don't say my real age but i guess I'm a 3rd year CLASSES: Potions, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Care of Magical Creatures,Articmancy, and anything that is required!

new

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:54 pm
Username:bluefairy427 House:slytherin Year:3 Classes: Potions Charms Defense Against the Dark Arts History of Harry Potter The HP Class Transfiguration Herbology divination necromancy

new

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:31 am
:D Username: Breezebrain39

House: Ravenclaw!!! We won the 5th house cup this year on Pottermore!!!!

Year: Well, I'm 9, and I started reading the series a year ago, so 2nd year, but I'm going to be on my 3rd year in the summer

Classes: Wait? But I'm 2nd year....I thought I did all those classes. I choose all of those classes until June, and then I'll choose more.

I support
♕Breezebrain39's♕

HTML Center and Siggy

Making

✪✪✪✪✪✪Shop✪✪✪✪✪✪

new

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:57 pm
@deviouswolf50 and breezebrain39:
Welcome to the special school! You're allowed to make POVS once we've started, too, to show what you learned in class and write essays. That goes for foreverelephant, bluefairy427, and blackdawn257 too. I will be making posts for the classes starting soon, and I hope you enjoy it!

Enjoy the Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Slyhterin dorms!

@bluefairy427: Sorry to say, but you can't take necromancy.

Thanks guys! See you soon!

new

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:29 am

Oh no, I'm late for posting, so I'll do it now!

Welcome to The School of Harry Potter! Here, you will learn about Harry Potter, experience some of the books, and learn about the lessons Hogwarts learns in the books. Now, everyone, I need to show you something before we start classes!

*we all come to a room with a magic mirror, comfy chairs, a table, and windows and cheerful walls, and mny, many bookshelves*

This is the Mirror Room- you can do some of your essays here, and meet to talk about Harry Potter. It is also known as the Library, where you can get all your books you need, especially the full 7-book series of Harry Potter!

But, the thing about the mirror- if you jump in it, you are transported to the place in the book you're currently reading to see details and learn more. In the movies, there are changed things, so through this mirror, you can see what REALLY happened, aka in the books.

So, now we got to that, we can start classes! Okay, anyone who goes to Arithmancy come with me! 

First, we shall learn about what Arithmancy is. Arithmancy is math in fact, but the MAGICAL kind. So, unlike Muggle math, there is five branches you will all need to know for this.

And..... To be continued! You decide what you learn at Arithmancy! So, the homework so far is:

Write on Ink Splot 26 how Harry Potter changed your life.

Write what you think Winky would look like if she was in the movie.

Using your knowledge of the Potions game in the Harry Potter part of the Stacks, tell me how to make the Shrinking Solution. 

Using your knowledge of the Transfiguration game in the Harry Potter part of the Stacks, tell me which ordered colors you need to Transfigure a rock into a dog.

In Order of the Phoenix part of Harry Potter on the Stacks, tell me -with specific details- how to get past the Dementors.

Come back next week, see ya soon! ~Katelyn

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Username: Dancebutterfly4, but call me Dancey

ouse: Ravenclaw all da way!

Year:I am 11, but I am reading th 5th book.....

Classes DATD, charms, Transfigartiation

new

Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:12 pm

username: #rainingtacos

house: SLYTHERIN RULES!!!!

Year: I'm 11 but I've read all of the books

classes: since Hermione is my all-time fav charectar, ALL OF THEM!!!!

[ 11 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team