Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  
 Everybody Go Home!
contributor

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:18 pm
This is written from when I was seventeen months old, when I spoke my first sentence. It's kinda ridiculous but it's one of my favorite childhood stories.

I had been a lazy baby, I just didn't want to speak. My mother jokes that I was unhappy with the world and was giving it the silent treatment, but the fact was, I was just too lazy to speak. Instead, I would point, grunt, and wail to get my way.

I seldom did anything without provocation, in fact, my mother became so worried about my lack of progress that she would go to desperate measures to get me to do anything involving 'work'.

The first time I actually rolled over was when I was probably a year old. My mother had dropped a twenty dollar bill in the hopes of making me move towards the beautiful green paper. It worked. I rolled over and snatched the money in my pudgy fists. This was the first of my progressions.

When I was seventeen months old, my eldest sister was getting married and her reception was to be held at our home. The house was decorated with vibrant crimson streamers and pure white flowers, teddy bears and Barbie dolls lined the shelves of every room, and balloons of all colors decorated the entire house, and were the only thing that interested me.

During the middle of the reception, I became fascinated with a lime balloon. I tugged on my mother's sleeve and pointed at the balloon. 'You have to wait until everyone goes home to get a balloon, baby.'

It was with these fatal words that I gathered up my will force and crawled over to a chair. I slowly stood up on shaky legs, holding to the chair for support. When I was finally standing, I opened my mouth and spoke the words of my very first sentence.

"EVERYBODY GO HOME!" I shouted, but of course, no one listened.

Hope you liked it!

Re: Everybody Go Home!
frequent_contributor

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:46 pm
That's hilarious! You must have had so much attitude as a baby! *snort!*
Awesome job! :D

~Diana

"I just woke up today to find the sky was blue."

Re: Everybody Go Home!
visitor

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:58 pm
You weren't JUST lazy! You were chubby too! LOL Just kidding