Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 1 post ] Average score:  
 excerpt of Saturday Sounds
new

Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:54 pm

Crack

The egg shell cracks in half and the bright yellowy-orange yolk slides into the bowl.

Glug-glug

Milk swishes out of the carton and swims around the egg.

Tink-whiskk-kk-kk Tink-whiskk-kk-kk

The whisk clinks on the side of the bowl as he stirs the egg and milk together into one frothy mixture.

Clink clink clink

The spoon hits the canister as he measures out the powdery flour.

Tadink tadink

Clangs the spoon as the different ingredients fold into one another to make runny batter.

Pppppssssss

Butter sizzles, pops, and dances in the pan as it melts in swirls.

Kkkkkssssss

As the batter pours into the puddles of melted butter, it sizzles and puffs up with little bubbles.

And I smell them.

Delicious, mouth-watering, homemade, I’m-so-glad-it’s-Saturday, yummylicious pancakes.

“They’re ready.  Who wants some pancakes?” Dad calls out to whoever is awake.

Plidder-pi-dip-dip

Still in pajamas, my barefeet scamper across the hardwood floor.  I don’t even care that my feet are cold.  My pancake breakfast can warm me from the inside.

Swishh-scump-shuumk

My older sister slowly shuffles down the hall.  She is not really a morning person, but we are not the save-you-some-pancakes-for-when-you-finally-decide-to-get-up kind of family.  So she plops down with the rest of us.

[ 1 post ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team