Reading Buzz Board!

Announcements

Hello future and past friends! WELCOME to the Buzz Board! I'm Katie, the moderator for the Buzz Board. If you've been around awhile, I used to moderate several message boards, including Dear America, Baby-sitters Club, Graphix, and Flashlight Readers way back when. . .! It's great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Here are a few basic rules:

- no last names, names of schools or cities (but states are okay);
- age/grade is okay, but no birthdays;
- no being mean, rude, or cursing;
- no posting your email address or links to other websites;
I hope you all enjoy the boards! We want them to be a safe, fun place!!
   [ 3 posts ] Average score:  
 Fablehaven.
new

Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:48 am

Hiya guys! wink I'm back! *stars fireworks phewphewphew*

So, this is probably going to be a short post, but it's about a series I've started reading called Fablehaven. I think it's really good, maybe almost TOO descriptive, but the plot is amazing and the overall content is engrossing and utterly interesting. I've actually read this for a straight three hours. (I'm a slow reader; I like to take my time.) It's a series of five books, and I've only read the first one, but I'm going to be starting the second very soon. Here's a short summary of the first book! (No spoilers. You're welcome.)

While their parents are going on vacation with other relatives of their family, Kendra and Seth Sorenson are going to be staying at their grandparents' house. However, they've never really spoken to these distant grandparents before, much less seen their house. When they arrive, they meet their grandfather, who claims of their grandmother making a strange disappearance, as well as two housekeepers, Lena and Dale, who tend to an ENORMOUS property, and a very large house. It's actually quite nice there; but they're told not to go into the woods, not to go inside the barn, and to NEVER drink the milk. Kendra, however, is given a small set of keys; almost like a treasure hunt. Guess what the answer is?

Drink the milk. 

Kendra and Seth soon discover that the large property is actually a preserve for mythical creatures, stretching on for miles. The entire place, especially the woods, is crawling with fairies and other creatures. However, on the night of the Summer Solstice, all of the creatures kept inside the woods are able to leave the woods, and roam freely in the property around the house, escaping the magical boundries set for them many days of the year. The next day, both housekeepers and the kids' grandfather have mysteriously gone. At this point, they must journey forth into the woods, with a conspiracy rising about a witch called Muriel. What happened to their grandfather and their grandmother.. along with Lena and Dale?

Find out in the book. No more about it. It's REALLY good. As for the genre, I believe it comes very close to the Fantasy genre. If you like that kind of book, I recommend it. Of course, I know what already happened, but I kind of just wanted to make the summary dramatic. devil

If you do choose to read it, I hope you enjoy it!

Have a nice day. 

Random Word of the Day: Inordinate

-Rachel

Re: Fablehaven.
new

Tue May 23, 2017 3:04 pm

Hello this is awesome. Have you read Dragonwatch. If not I highly recommend it

Re: Fablehaven.
new

Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:53 am

@apolloturquoise5:

I plan on reading Dragonwatch after I finish Fablehaven! I've seen it on many bookshelves. Thanks for the recommendation. wink

-Rachel

[ 3 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team