Post Work in Progress for Peer Review

Announcements

Welcome to Write It, the home for young writers. Post your works-in-progress and get feedback or give your opinion on your peers’ creative writing. Try a step-by-step writing workshop, then publish your writing online.

You’ve probably noticed we’ve made some changes to the boards! Find the boards for Underground Railroad historical fiction, Science Explorations, Scholastic News, and more right here.

Looking for our boards dedicated to favorite series, authors, and causes? You'll find them on THE THE STACKS. Head on over for the Buzz Board, Harry Potter, Save the Planet, Goosebumps, and more!
   [ 4 posts ] Average score:  

Is the "mermaid" evil or good?
Evil!!! 86%  86%  [ 6 ]
Good!!! 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7
 Faceless(Probably needs a better title…)
new

Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:32 pm

Thethick,humid summer air coated the backyard where Mary sat. She was wearing a blue sundress,and had her pretty brown hair pulled back into a ponytail. Looking at her house, she quickly darted away. I'll just go for a few minutes, that's all!!!she thought. Yesterday, she was outside again, however she decided to explore. Down by the creek, she had seen a black tail go up. When she told her parents, they had become strangely frantic and insistec on her not going down there again. Mary hardly disobeyed, but this was huge! If she could show people mermaids were real, she'd be famous! Mary finally reached the creek. She bent down, panting,sweat trickling cross her forehead. She stood up. "I don't want to hurt you! Come out! Please!" she whispered. "My dear girl..."  a voice whispered. IT was scratchy, but somehow smooth. "I'm already out." Mary whipped her head around. There stood a woman, made entirely out of a black stone. A tail protruded from her lower back, swishing around,but she still stood on legs.  With no face. Mary opened her mouth, but no words came out. The figure wore a blue cape,draped around her shoulders. "You're...You're beautiful..."  Mary whispered. The fiigure paused. "No...You're beautiful..." the mysterious thing lifted Mary's chin and gazed at it for a while. "Yessss." it hissed. Just then Mary heard someone calling her. "Mary! Mary!" She sigghed. It was her mother. "I'll...I'll be back tommorow." she apologized. The mermaid nodded. "As you wish" It whispered, then jumped back into the creek. 

Re: Faceless(Probably needs a better title…)
new

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:11 pm

great idea cyclone

new

Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:02 pm

Thanks bookwormfairy31! This was a dream I had once. I just added more detail. (;

new

Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:24 am

Cool story!

[ 4 posts ] Average score:  

PRS © 2008 PRS Team